Glide Across The Largest Ice Skating Rink In Oklahoma For An Unforgettable Outdoor Adventure
One of the most memorable holiday experiences is gliding across an ice skating rink while Christmas lights twinkle on the ice and cheery music echoes in the background. This holiday season, visit one of the largest outdoor ice skating rinks in the country at Winterfest in downtown Tulsa. This is the best place for ice skating in Oklahoma. It’s an outdoor experience you don’t want to miss!
Looking for the perfect holiday getaway in Oklahoma? Just an hour south of Oklahoma City is the charming town of Sulphur – home to the gorgeous Artesian Hotel. During the Christmas season, the Artesian Hotel celebrates the holidays with its Classic Christmas Celebration…filled with activities including breakfast with Santa, carriage rides, caroling, making gingerbread houses, story time with Mr. Claus and meeting Santa’s reindeer. You can enjoy a relaxing weekend at the hotel and spa while participating in any of the holiday activities or you can just come and enjoy all the festivities for the day. Click here to read all about it.
Winter In Oklahoma
What is winter like in Oklahoma?
This is what winter is like in Oklahoma:
- The winter season in Oklahoma lasts three months, from November 25 to February 23.
- The low winter temperatures in Oklahoma range from 27-31°F and the average high temperatures are between 48-54°F.
- Oklahoma gets about 20-30 inches of annual snow in the Panhandle, and Oklahoma City gets about 6-8 inches of snow every year.
- The coldest recorded temperature in Oklahoma was -31°F in Nowata in 2011.
To find out what winter is like in Oklahoma for this year, take a look at the Farmers’ Almanac predictions for the 2022-2023 winter season.
What are some of the best winter activities in Oklahoma?
Some of the best winter activities in Oklahoma include:
- Fantastic Oyster Fry and Craft Show. Taking place in Frederick, this festival uses the same recipe they’ve used since the 1950s for breaded oysters.
- Chickasha Festival of Light. Located in Chickasha, this festival is the largest lights display in Oklahoma. The event also includes carriage rides and a gift shop.
- Owasso Tree Farm. Locals love to come to this tree farm in Owasso to cut down their own Christmas trees. Holiday decorations are also available.
Here are 16 more of the best winter activities in Oklahoma.
What are the best places to visit in Oklahoma during the winter?
Here are the best places to visit in Oklahoma during the winter:
- Black Mesa. This location has the highest elevation in Oklahoma at 4,973 feet. It is a popular place for winter hiking.
- Robber’s Cave State Park. Located in Wilburton, this is a favorite place for winter scenery and hiking. The night skies are clear and conducive to stargazing.
- Wichita Mountain Wildlife Refuge. This refuge in Indiahoma is beloved by locals for its winter scenery and abundant wildlife.
Here are eight of the best places to visit in Oklahoma during the winter for hiking.