Oklahoma February 05, 2017
15 Insanely Beautiful Photos Of Eastern Oklahoma That Will Make You Want To Visit
As a state with more than 10 ecoregions, Oklahoma is full of stunning places to visit. Some of the most beautiful areas of the state are northeastern and southeastern Oklahoma. From waterfalls to lakes to lush greenery, you’ll want to visit the awe-inspiring eastern half of the state that will take your breath away. Take a look at the beauty that lies within eastern Oklahoma:
1. Northeastern Oklahoma is often referred to as "Green Country" because of its lush, green foliage, making it one of the prettiest places in the state.
2. Natural Falls State Park is located in northeastern Oklahoma and boasts a gorgeous 77 ft. waterfall and insane beauty.
3. In the hills of eastern Oklahoma, you'll find the gorgeous Fort Gibson Lake boasting 225 miles of shoreline.
4. The largest lake in the state - Lake Eufaula - is located in southeastern Oklahoma and is full of outdoor activities and gorgeous views.
5. The magical San Bois Mountains are located in southeastern Oklahoma and are magical. It's one of the best places in the state to see the fall colors.
6. You'll love the spectacular scenery that surrounds Greenleaf State Park - even when it's not green. Every season is gorgeous!
7. Mountain Fork River in southeastern Oklahoma is truly a beautiful gem. The clear water and surrounding views make this spot a must-visit.
8. The lower portion of Mountain Fork River is known for the cypress trees that line the beautiful banks of this clear river.
9. There's nothing like a sunset in eastern Oklahoma, like this one that was captured in Osage County.
10. The scenic Illinois River is one of eastern Oklahoma's crown jewels. The Ozark Hills surround this 60 mile river that is insanely beautiful.
11. Catching a sunset along the Talimena Scenic Drive in southeastern Oklahoma is something every Oklahoman should experience. It is truly magical!
12. Located in the foothills of the Ozark Mountain Range, Grand Lake is surrounded by beautiful trees and astounding views on all sides.
13. Lake Carlton at Robbers Cave State Park is always exquisite, but when the fall colors are blooming, it's spectacular.
14. Heavener Runestone Park is located in LeFlore County and offers 55 acres of awe-inspiring landscape.
15. Kaw Lake in Osage County is the perfect spot to go in eastern Oklahoma to enjoy the beauty of the great outdoors.
For more beautiful places to visit in Oklahoma, check out our previous article,
19 Places In Oklahoma You Must See Before You Die.