Ohio March 17, 2018
These 15 Truths Reveal Just How Quirky Ohioans Really Are
Here in Ohio, we never claimed to be normal—or even average.
You could definitely say we’re a quirky bunch of people, but that’s only because we’ve adapted to our surroundings. The following are 15 truths that reveal just how quirky Ohioans really are. Let us know what else you would add to this list:
1. We often randomly yell out "O-H" and fully anticipate an "I-O" reply.
I can see how this could make us appear a little off. But we just want to know where our Ohioans at.
2. We put chili on top of spaghetti noodles.
The excessive amount of shredded cheese blends it all together into a perfectly acceptable dish.
3. We also dip our French fries in our Wendy’s frosty.
Because, duh, there is no other way to eat a Frosty.
4. If it can be decorated, it's going to be Ohio-themed.
Clothes, pillows, bags—you name it and we've likely got our state name and/or shape on it. We're proud. <3
5. We likely do have accents—and yes, we will always deny it.
We're simply not capable of admitting it.
6. "JC Penney’s, "Kroger’s" and "Meijer’s" are exactly what you think they are.
We just like to make them possessive.
7. We can’t seem to agree on the way that "wash" is pronounced.
Sometimes there’s a "r." Sometimes there isn’t.
8. Northern Ohioans and Southern Ohioans really are two completely different types of people.
Even our non-existent accents are different.
9. Hunting season is just as important as football season here.
And if you lived in a rural Ohio town, you'd think so too.
10. Buffalo Wild Wings goes by several other names here.
B-Dub’s = BW3’s = Buffalo Wild Wings. It's all the same.
11. We don't officially put up our patio furniture until at least May.
If you do, you’re just asking for a surprise April blizzard.
12. We really do take pictures like this everywhere we go.
It doesn't matter where we are. We want the world to know where we're from.
13. We actually are kind of crazy drivers.
I mean, we never really claimed to be friendly drivers.
14. We really do make fun of our own state. Relentlessly.
It's complicated. <3
15. Our pride is, in fact, bigger than our heads.
It's an Ohio-grown thing. <3
What other quirks would you add to this list? Let us know!
And for more Ohio life truths, check out our previous article:
11 Things Every Small Town Ohioan Wants The Rest Of Ohio To Know.