You Can Ride Bumper Cars On Ice This Winter At Fountain Square In Ohio And It's Insanely Fun
Winter doesn’t have to be dull. Here in Ohio, the colder months can be downright fun — if you know where to go and what to do, that is. This year, Fountain Square Ice Rink in Cincinnati, Ohio, will once again feature ice bumper cars on ice in addition to ice skating. These ice bumper cars are a great way to get outside and have a little fun, despite the chill in the air.
What do you think? Would you take a ride in these bumper cars on ice? Did you even know there were ice bumper cars in Ohio?! Share your thoughts with us! And be sure to visit the Fountain Square Ice Rink website for more information, special events, and other winter happenings.
For more outdoor winter fun in Ohio, check out these eight great cold weather destinations.
More to Explore
Winter In Ohio
What are some fun places to go during winter in Ohio?
There are countless fun places to go during winter in Ohio. One favorite is Snow Trails Winter Resort. A few facts about this place to intrigue you to visit:
- Snow Trails Winter Resort is a winter fun ski resort in Mansfield.
- This family favorite destination features the Timberline Trail (the longest in Ohio,) the longest tubing lanes in Ohio.
- There's also a 9,000-square-foot Rental Center.
- A Children's Learning Center, and more!
If you're more in the mood for a long weekend spent enjoying the scenery in one of the state's many small towns, here are nine that come alive in the colder months.
What's winter in Ohio like?
Winter in Ohio is a bit of a mixed bag (not unlike our "wintery mixes" that the weather forecasters so love to talk about). If you're familiar with the Buckeye State, you'll agree that:
- Ohio *generally* gets a few good snowstorms.
- It's pretty cold come the January and February months.
- You can count on a few premature thaws (or "false springs" as they're referred to around here).
- And there will definitely be a good amount of ice, freezing rain, and sleet -- which makes for amazing driving!
- On that note, Ohioans do not handle driving in the snow well.
In short, winter in Ohio is a little bit of everything, but Ohioans make the most of it by embracing fun activities, like ice bumper cars!
What are some fun winter activities in Ohio?
There are plenty of fun winter activities in Ohio! In addition to ice bumper cars, there are all kinds of fun wintertime activities in the Buckeye State! Check out these activities:
- Ice skating isn't just limited to Fountain Square in Cincinnati; you can also skate at Lock 3 Akron, the largest in Ohio.
- Hocking Hills is *the* place for a good winter hike. Ohio's favorite hiking spot transforms into a magical winter wonderland during the winter months. Frozen waterfalls, snow-covered trees, and eerie caves abound.
- Cleveland Metroparks features a truly spectacular toboggan chute you need to experience after a big snowfall.
- The Chalet in Strongsville’s Mill Stream Run Reservation is home to the tallest and fastest ice chutes in Ohio, and it's a bucket-list must for all Ohioans!