15 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About The State Of North Dakota
If you think you know everything there is to know about the state of North Dakota, think again. Whether you’re a resident of North Dakota or plan to visit soon, here are 15 interesting facts about North Dakota that you may or may not already know:
Can you think of any other interesting facts about North Dakota? If so, please share them with us in the comments below.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
interesting facts about north dakota
What are five fun facts about North Dakota?
There are many different facts about the state of North Dakota. While some of them you might already be familiar with, there are many others that just might surprise you. Listed below are five fun facts about North Dakota that you may or may not already know.
1. The Guinness World Record for the most snow angels made simultaneously in one place in held by North Dakota. On February 17, 2007, a total of 8,962 people made snow angels on the state capitol grounds. The previous record was 3,784.
2. North Dakota is home to the "World's Largest Holstein Cow," which measures 38 feet high and 50 feet long. The statue is visible for five miles and was built to honor North Dakota's dairymen.
3. Teddy Bears were named after former U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt. Theodore Roosevelt National Park, which is well known for its natural scenic beauty, is located in North Dakota. Numerous people travel from all across the country each year to visit this beautiful national park. After one visit, it's easy to understand why.
4. Fargo, North Dakota hosted the world's largest pancake feed in 2008. The town served 34,818 pancakes. That's a lot of pancakes!
5. North Dakota is home to the Enchanted Highway, which is a collection of the world's largest scrap metal sculptures. This unique highway is 32 miles long and is definitely worth experiencing. It's great for all ages, and kids especially love it.
What's one of the weird facts about North Dakota that surprises most people?
As previously mentioned, there are many North Dakota interesting facts. Some of them are even weird because they don't make much sense. One weird fact is that North Dakota is the third least populated state in the U.S. However, regarding its size in area, North Dakota is the 19th largest state in the U.S.