New York December 09, 2016
15 Hilariously Accurate Memes About New York
After a long week, sometimes the only way you can completely unwind is by enjoying a good laugh. As New Yorkers, we try not to take ourselves too seriously, so we thoroughly enjoy seeing a great meme that we can relate to. Time to put you to the test, you won’t be able to make it through these 15 hilariously accurate memes about our state without laughing.
1. Have a group of New Yorkers tell an out-of-towner that they're from New York and every single one of them will get the exact same response. "Oh! New York City?"
No, never New York City. Out of every ten people who tell you they're from New York, eleven of them will be
not from the Big Apple. Yes, eleven.
2. Once the frigid breeze hits us, no matter how early in the season it is, we're running for our coat closets to grab our North Face jackets.
If you ask us, we're roughly 99% sure that New York is what continues to keep The North Face company in business.
3. We love Wegmans, it's a fact. And if you try to talk negatively about our home away from home? We will come for you.
4. Oh, our sports teams. If you were like myself, you took advantage of the Giants poor performance by requiring your parent to give you a quarter every time they used profanity during a game.
And if you're a Giants fan then you know we have more than enough reasons to curse while watching them play. To say the least, I was a childhood millionaire.
5. Ever look at a frozen over picture from the past and realize that the photograph you're looking at was actually taken in well...April? I have.
April showers bring May flowers? Well what if April showers are actually winter snow storms?
6. You won't ever convince us that there's better pizza out there than what you'll feast on in the Empire State. Never.
7. Remember Pizza Rat? Well, we have reason to believe this internet star wasn't an actual New York resident.
He didn't fold the pizza! Our jaws are on the floor!
8. Bless the tires on all of our vehicles, they are truly the real warriors of New York.
I vividly remember the first time I was traveling on a road in the South, seeing reflectors on the road and lane dividers blew my mind. It never even crossed my mind that other states don't have to deal with wretched potholes and snow plows!
9. The real reason Bane's heart grew to be so cold? He was raised in the icy streets of Upstate New York.
10. And while our Upstate residents certainly get it bad, you don't know what actual snow is until you live out in Central or Western New York.
11. It may very well be possible that New York only has three seasons, not four.
Spring tends to either show up late or somehow never arrive at all. All we know is snow!
12. Did someone say party school? Not us!
13. Like I said, if you want to experience a real winter then start at Syracuse and drive until you hit Lake Erie!
14. Remember that one time when you thought you weren't going to be late but it never actually happened because MTA is determined to never see you smile? Me too.
15. Pack away our winter clothes for the season? Why would we ever? A winter in Rochester never ends.
Do you have a favorite New York meme that’s just too relatable to keep you from laughing? For more Empire State pride, check out these
15 Undeniable Reasons Why New York Will Always Be Home!