New York November 20, 2016
15 Undeniable Reasons Why New York Will Always Be Home
As we get older, we grow to appreciate just how lucky we are to be able to live in the Empire State. Some of us at one point or another may even leave New York, but somehow it always seems that we find ourselves coming back home for one reason or another. While we all will have our own specific reasons for why this place is one that we hold so near and dear to our hearts, here are just 15 undeniable reasons why this great state will always be home to us.
We’re aware that these uncertain times are limiting many aspects of life as we all practice social and physical distancing. While we’re continuing to feature destinations that make our state wonderful, we don’t expect or encourage you to go check them out immediately. We believe that supporting local attractions is important now more than ever and we hope our articles inspire your future adventures! And on that note, please nominate your favorite local business that could use some love right now:
1. Some of our country's best state parks can be found here in New York, places where we've been able to experience some of our most favorite adventures.
Many of our favorite natural wonders and trails can be found within our state parks, magical spaces that some of us are lucky enough to call our backyard.
2. And speaking of special places, we all have that one secret location where we can go to get away from it all.
One of the best parts about being a New York resident is that there are so many secret places you won't be able to find through Google. We all have our own little getaway that we can always visit to take a break from the chaos of life.
3. Because living anywhere else that doesn't have New York's four beautiful seasons feels like a crime.
Sure some of our neighboring states of the Northeast get to experience all four seasons just like we do, but there's something extra special about experiencing spring, summer, fall and winter here in New York. From the hot summer days that are filled with sunshine to our powdery wonderland in the winter, there's nothing like it.
4. Speaking of seasons, our fall foliage is something we highly anticipate every single year.
Everyone has their favorite season, but we can all agree on the fact that there's nothing like enjoying New York's fall foliage. Vibrant colors, crunchy leaves and a cool breeze are just a few of the reasons why this season will forever win over our hearts.
5. Taking the time to enjoy a scenic drive through any of our remote areas is our favorite way to loosen up.
From scenic byways to dirt roads up in the mountains, there's a variety of remote locations we love sneaking away to.
6. Because we have the perfect balance of rural locations and incredible cities that are so full of life.
Everyone knows that New York City is out of this world, but our state is also home to plenty of other cities of various sizes that will charm the socks right off of you.
7. Forever holding a special place in our hearts, our mountains will always keep us coming back home.
Exploring the many mountains of New York is something that everyone should experience. From our tallest mountains in the Adirondacks to the unbelievable scenery you'll experience while adventuring through the Catskills, our trails will always make us feel warm and fuzzy about our state.
8. Sure we have plenty of mountains, but our wide open spaces melt our heart just as much.
Where things are always so much simpler, wide open spaces like the one pictured above our just one of the many reasons why we love to call New York home.
9. The natural wonders feel endless; New York's waterfalls look like they've been pulled straight out of our dreams.
Visiting other states where waterfalls can be found few and far between is one of the most heartbreaking experiences. Thinking about growing up without the many waterfalls we have here in New York is a thought that seems just cruel. What would we be without our waterfalls?
10. We'll never stop comparing our charming small towns to every other one we ever come across.
All of our small towns have their own unique and delightful qualities that make them special, while it's hard to pick a favorite, there's definitely certain towns we find ourselves revisiting time and time again.
11. Because no one can replicate our favorite New York dishes.
Other places can try to recreate our favorite things like New York style pizza or even wings, but there's specific dishes that have come out of New York that you won't be able to enjoy anywhere else other than here in our state.
12. Because once you're a New York fan, you'll never stop being one.
You can take us out of New York but you can't take the New York out of us! No matter what sport is your favorite or which team you root for, once you're a New York fan you'll always be one.
13. There's nothing better than waking up in New York to see one of our unforgettable sunrises.
14. Or setting aside the time to fully enjoy one of our dreamy sunsets.
15. Landlocked? No way! Our beaches are simply out of this world.
From Lake Ontario and Lake Erie to the great big ocean, New York finds itself surrounded by water. Aside from the beaches you'll find along those great big bodies of water, there's also plenty that we love more than anything tucked away on our smaller lakes that are inland.
It’s easy to forget how spoiled we are when it comes to living in the Empire State! What will always make New York home to you? For more state pride, see if you’ve ever caught yourself doing any of these
11 Extremely Weird Things Only People From New York Do!