New Mexico March 26, 2016
12 Things You Must Know About Dating Someone From New Mexico
New Mexicans are awesome people and it’s easy to fall hard for one. If you’re fortunate enough to score a date with a New Mexican, and want to make it to date number two, here are a few things you should know upfront.
1. Family matters. New Mexican families are close, literally and figuratively.
2. Love me, love my animals. Winning over your date's pet is half the battle.
3. If you’re serious about a New Mexican who's living out of state, you’ll probably
end up living in the Land of Enchantment. The state has a magnetic pull on native New Mexicans.
4. New Mexicans are proud of where they come from.
5. Your date probably spends a lot of time in nature. Embrace the great outdoors.
6. Active dates are usually a hit.
7. If you’re cooking for a New Mexican, you'd better add chile to the recipe.
8. Your date will end quickly if you assume that Mexican and New Mexican cuisines are the same.
9. Someone in the family probably owns a gun. There's one registered gun for every 25 people in New Mexico. Bear that in mind before you ditch your date via text!
10. Your date is likely to have a creative side.
11. A lot of New Mexicans speak more than one language. If you’re monolingual, you might want to step up your game.
12. Never complain if it rains. New Mexicans are super grateful for any drops of moisture.
In your opinion, what’s the most important things to know about dating a New Mexican?