New Mexico April 21, 2016
These 19 Mind-Blowing Sceneries Totally Define New Mexico
If you live here, you’ll be familiar with many of these sceneries and, if you’ve never visited, here are 19 reasons to pack your bags! Each of these images captures an essential aspect of New Mexico. They exemplify our state and reveal why it truly deserves to be called the Land of Enchantment.
1. We are blessed with soaring mountains and stunning sunsets.
2. Storms roll in suddenly and are usually dramatic.
3. The low levels of light pollution provide incredible stargazing opportunities.
4. New Mexico's many rock formations are exquisite.
5. The badlands here border on the fantastical.
6. Carlsbad Caverns is one of the most impressive cave systems in the nation.
7. Wildflowers thrive in New Mexico.
8. Our state has a long history. Taos Pueblo has been occupied on an ongoing basis for 1000 years! It is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
9. Chaco Culture National Historic Park is a true treasure.
10. There are many historic churches in New Mexico, such as Albuquerque's San Felipe de Neri Church, which was built in 1793.
11. Ghost towns and mining towns provide an intriguing glimpse into New Mexico's past.
12. Railroads helped to shape our state.
13. Herds of elk roam through the wilderness...
14. Some of the businesses that thrived during the heyday of Route 66 continue to operate.
15. ...And, during migration season, waterfowl descend on Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge.
16. There's no place quite like White Sands.
17. Some of the best parts of our state are the untouched expanses of land.
18. The vibrant hue of these aspens epitomizes fall.
19. Nowhere else is Christmas synonymous with the soft glow of farolitos.
Which of these photos is your favorite?