There's A Cabin Hiding In A New Jersey Forest Where You Can Camp Year-Round
As local travel experts, we know what travelers are looking for when it comes to finding the perfect accommodations for their next trip. To compile our lists, we scour the internet to find properties with excellent ratings and reviews, desirable amenities, nearby attractions, and that something special that makes a destination worthy of traveling for.
Off the beaten path, New Jersey offers some of the northeast’s most stunning beauty. The state is full of great places to camp under the stars during the warmer months, whether you’re roughing it or going glamping. However, options are fewer during the winter – unless you opt for Stokes State Forest cabins. This stunning natural landscape offers one of the state’s most unique camping experiences all 12 months of the year. Read on to discover all you need to know about one-of-a-kind New Jersey cabin rentals.
Have you ever stayed in one of the Stokes State Forest cabin rentals? Let us know all about your stay in the comments.
While Stokes is open all year long and their cabins can be rented, the availability of certain features may vary. The cabins go fast, so make sure to drop by the official website of Stokes State Forest. and keep an eye on their Facebook page as you plan your next expedition.
And, if you’d like more options of where to spend time in nature any time of year, I encourage you to check Only in Your State’s New Jersey outdoor activity guide.
More to Explore
Stokes State Forest cabins
What are some of the best remote cabin rentals in New Jersey?
Some of the best remote cabin rentals in New Jersey include the following destinations:
- Secluded cabin in West Milford: This rustic vacation rental is a stone's throw away from Greenwood Lake and is ideal for a getaway any time of year.
- Secluded cabin in Great Meadows: Spend your days taking in breathtaking views overlooking your very own pond when you stay in this cozy cabin that can comfortably accommodate up to eight guests.
- Cabin in Lake Hopatcong: Up to four people can stay in this cozy cabin that's a short distance from Lake Hopatcong in New Jersey.
For more options for rustic places to stay, take a look at this New Jersey accommodation guide.
What are some of the most scenic state parks in New Jersey?
Along with staying in one of the many New Jersey cabin rentals when you want to spend time in nature, take a look at these state parks as well.
- Ringwood State Park in Ringwood: This stunning park spans over 5,000 acres and includes Ringwood Manor, The New Jersey Botanical Gardens, and other points of interest.
- Allaire State Park in Farmingdale: Enjoy birdwatching, hiking, and spending time at the historic Allaire Village when you visit this scenic state park in New Jersey.
- Belleplain State Forest in Woodbine: You have the option to camp or stay in a cabin when you spend in this scenic state park in New Jersey.
To learn more about these scenic destinations, take a look at these New Jersey state parks for more information.