The Scenic Train Ride In New Jersey That Runs Year-Round
New Jersey is one of the country’s biggest train hubs, and thousands of busy commuter trains crisscross the state every day. However, in the south of the Garden State, one small train line is focused on bringing back the glamorous old days of historic train travel. The Cape May Seashore Lines offers seasonal themed excursions year-round from its Tuckahoe and Richland stations, and those who step on find magic on board.
Have you taken one of these unique Cape May train rides yet? Feel free to reach out and let us know all about your experience. In addition to its three famous holiday voyages, the railway offers regular rides and special events. Make sure to keep a close eye on the official website of Cape May Seashore Lines or its Facebook page, because those seats are filling up quickly! If you’re looking to make a weekend of it, why not stay overnight in a charming Cape May Victorian, like the Carroll Villa Hotel?
And if you can’t get enough of that railway magic, check out our guide to more scenic train rides in New Jersey.
More to Explore
Scenic Train Rides
Where else can you take a scenic train ride in New Jersey?
Other places to take scenic train rides in New Jersey include:
- Delaware River Railroad Excursions in Phillipsburg
- The Whippany Railway Museum in Whippany
- Black River & Western Railroad in Flemington
- Pine Creek Railroad in Allaire State Park
What are the most luxurious train rides in the United States?
Some of the most luxurious train rides in the United States include:
- The Bourbon Excursion in Bardstown, Kentucky
- The Luxury Dome on the Grand Canyon Railway in Williams, Arizona
- The Napa Valley Wine Train in Napa, California
- Rocky Mountaineer’s Rockies to Red Rocks route, which travels from Denver to Moab, Utah
- Scenic excursions on the Alaska Railroad
What are some of the prettiest, most scenic train rides in the United States?
There are so many beautiful scenic train rides to take in the United States. Some of the best of these are:
- Coast Starlight: traveling from Los Angeles to Seattle, and passing through Santa Barbara, the San Francisco Bay Area, Sacramento, and Portland. This is your best bet if you’re looking for the best West Coast scenery around.
- The Cass Scenic Railroad in West Virginia: a historic passenger train passing through the heart of Cass, West Virginia, high up in the mountains, and offering views of the highest point in WV.
- The Mount Washington Cog Railway in New Hampshire: This mountain-climbing cog railway will take you to the summit of Mount Washington, with no hiking required. It’s an officially recognized National Historic Engineering Landmark.
- The Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad, traveling through Colorado and New Mexico: This is the most authentic steam railroad in the country and travels through beautiful Rocky Mountain scenery.