New Jersey September 10, 2021
9 Undying Habits That Prove You Can Never Take New Jersey Out Of The New Jerseyan
New Jersey isn’t just a place you live. It has its own distinct culture, slang, foods, and habits, and try as they might, a New Jerseyan just can’t shake New Jersey no matter where they go. These are the habits that prove you can’t take the New Jersey out of a New Jerseyan.
1. Seeking out a diner wherever they go.
Diners are an essential part of Jersey culture! Every New Jerseyan can recommend one.
2. Emphasizing the difference between North and South Jersey.
It might not be a big state, but trust us, there are two very different halves. Both side is equally convinced they're the best.
3. Bruce Springsteen gets put on every playlist, regardless of the occasion.
There is no moment that doesn't pair with Springsteen. Sorry!
4. Physically cringing at the mention of "Jersey Shore."
There is the beautiful Jersey shore we all love to visit, and there is a TV show that is not at all similar. We will also rant at length about how they aren't even from New Jersey.
5. Keeping an eye out for the Jersey Devil in the woods.
We all know he makes the Pine Barrens his main base, but that doesn't mean we don't take a look around in the woods for this urban legend.
6. Not getting up to pump our gas.
We're sorry! It just doesn't feel like second nature to get out at the gas station when we're so used to having attendants.
7. Side eyeing any slice that doesn't come from Jersey.
I mean, fine New York pizza is OK. But most places can't even touch the pizza you'll find in the Garden State.
8. Demanding a pork roll in the morning.
Or maybe you call it a Taylor Ham. Either way, you know it's one of the culinary world's finest creations.
9. Bragging about New Jersey all the time.
Hey, we know it's one of the best places in the world to live. Of course we're going to brag!
Any of these sound familiar to you?