The Sweetest Road Trip in New Hampshire Takes You To 8 Old School Chocolate Shops
Whether it’s the holidays that bring out your sweet tooth or if it’s more of a year-round affliction, you’ll be happy to know that there are plenty of places in New Hampshire to satisfy that craving. We particularly love the many chocolate shops that can be found here. To enjoy them, we suggest making a day of it by hopping in the car and road-tripping to some of the best New Hampshire chocolates! Here is a complete map and driving directions – you can hop on the tour from your own starting point.
Well, there you have it – some of the best New Hampshire chocolate in town. Which one is your favorite? If you have a pretty insistent sweet tooth, learn more about one of our favorite candy shops. It’s huge and full of enough candy to keep you on a sugar high for weeks!
More to Explore
More sweet treats in New Hampshire
Where can you find the best chocolate in New Hampshire?
Whether you stick to the old favorites like Van Otis Chocolates which has been in business since 1935, or you love trying up-and-coming boutique chocolate shops like Petrova Chocolates across the border in Boston, there are some downright delicious options when it comes to finding great chocolate. Here are a few places to find the best chocolate in New Hampshire:
- L.A. Burdick, Walpole, NH: From drinking chocolate to bonbons, (and the famous Burdick Mouse) this epic chocolate shop is the baby of chocolatier Larry Burdick whose time in Switzerland really inspired him to take his love of chocolate to new heights.
- Van Otis Chocolates: This legendary chocolatier has been wowing New Hampshire for nearly 90 years. Every type of chocolate confection you can imagine awaits you in Manchester or Wolfeboro.
Honorable mention: Petrova Chocolates, Boston, MA: Betty Petrova's chocolate bonbons are on fire, and so is the shop that she opened in 2020. The following year she had already won the Best of Boston award from Boston Magazine. The awards keep coming - and your tastebuds will thank you for crossing into Massachusetts for a quick bonbon fix.
Are there any candy stores in New Hampshire?
New Hampshire certainly knows how to rock a sweet tooth. Here are a few candy stores in New Hampshire worth stopping in a time or two:
- Chutters, Littleton, NH: With perhaps the longest candy counter in the world, Chutters is one of the best candy shops in New Hampshire.
- Lee's Candy Kitchen, Meredith, NH: Jars and jars of colorful candy to choose from, and some pretty amazing fudge too.
- Kellerhaus, Laconia, NH: Chocolate, fudge, candy, jellies, and jams are all ready for your snacking pleasure. The ice cream sundae bar is worthy of seconds as well.
Read about these and many more in this article showing off the best candy stores in New Hampshire.