The Poinsettia Tree In Nebraska Is One Of The Most Unusual Christmas Trees In The Nation
The holidays will be here before you know it, and decorations are going up all over Nebraska. From neighborhood light displays and fantastic festivals to Christmas towns, local parades, and gingerbread villages, Nebraska dresses up beautifully during the holidays! But perhaps none are more iconic than the massive poinsettia tree at Lauritzen Gardens in Omaha, Nebraska. People Magazine once called it one of the strangest Christmas trees in the whole country. The 20-foot tree is a holiday tradition at the gardens, and if you haven’t seen it in person yet, make this the year you go.
We absolutely love this gorgeous slice of Christmas cheer! For hours, dates, admission prices, and more, visit the Lauritzen Gardens website.
While you’re there, be sure to check out the incredible greenhouse that’s 80 degrees year-round. Or, to peruse a few Nebraska Christmas trees for your own home, check out one of our favorite Christmas tree farms and check into a nearby cozy cabin for a dreamy winter getaway.
More to Explore
Nebraska Poinsettia Tree
Nebraska offers numerous impressive Christmas light displays that are sure to brighten your holiday season! Here are some of the best Christmas lights in the state:
- Branched Oak State Recreation Area Christmas Lights, Raymond: This state recreation area near Lincoln hosts a drive-through light display featuring thousands of colorful lights and festive scenes. It's a picturesque way to enjoy the holiday season.
- Christmas at Union Station, Omaha: The Durham Museum, located in Omaha's historic Union Station, hosts an annual holiday event with beautifully decorated Christmas trees, seasonal music, and festive displays.
- Christmas in the Village, Brownville: The historic village of Brownville comes alive with holiday lights, Victorian decorations, and festive events. It's a charming destination for those seeking a nostalgic holiday experience.
- Downtown Christmas Lights/Holiday Light Festival, Kearney: Downtown Kearney is adorned with thousands of sparkling lights, creating a festive atmosphere for visitors to enjoy while strolling through the streets.
- Heartland of America Park Lights, Omaha: Located in downtown Omaha, Heartland of America Park is beautifully decorated with thousands of lights, creating a stunning display reflected in the park's lake.
- La Vista Celebration of Lights, La Vista: La Vista's Central Park is transformed into a winter wonderland with over a million twinkling lights, holiday displays, and festive activities for the whole family.
- Omaha Holiday Lights Festival, Omaha: Downtown Omaha comes alive with millions of dazzling lights during the Holiday Lights Festival. The display spans several blocks and includes a festive New Year's Eve fireworks show.
- Prairie Lights, Hastings: This drive-through light display at Lake Hastings Park features thousands of lights, animated displays, and holiday scenes. It's a magical experience for visitors of all ages.
While not a complete list of the many neighborhood displays, drive-thru shows, and holiday festivals in the state, these Christmas light displays in Nebraska offer a range of experiences that are perfect for creating lasting memories with family and friends. Be sure to double-check hours, fees, and this year's opening dates before heading out.