25 Photos Taken In Nebraska That You Won't Believe Are Real
There’s no denying that the wide state of Nebraska is home to incredible beauty, both natural and human-made. Some of it is almost TOO awesome to believe. But believe that all of these shots were taken right here in Nebraska by some very talented photographers. We love these historic photos of Nebraska, and we think you will, too!
Okay, so the squirrel is more silly than beautiful, but you must admit that these images are all genuinely memorable. Have you taken some historic photos of Nebraska? Did you love these historic photos of Nebraska? Share them with us on our Facebook page or in the comments below!
Looking for more great photos of Nebraska? Check out these amazing vintage photos of Nebraska.
More to Explore
Historic Photos Of Nebraska
What is Nebraska most known for?
Nebraska is known for its agricultural importance, natural beauty, sporting traditions, military significance, wildlife wonders, and historical heritage.
These are what Nebraska is most known for:
- Agriculture: Nebraska is renowned for its vast agricultural industry, particularly its production of corn, beef, and soybeans. The state's fertile soil and favorable climate make it an agricultural powerhouse, and it plays a significant role in supplying food and resources to the nation.
- Great Plains: Nebraska is located in the heart of the Great Plains region of the United States. It is known for its expansive prairies, rolling hills, and beautiful landscapes. The state offers wide open spaces, breathtaking sunsets, and a connection to the natural beauty of the American Midwest.
- College Football: Nebraska has a storied history in college football, with the University of Nebraska-Lincoln's Cornhuskers being one of the most successful programs in the country. The passion and loyalty of Cornhusker fans, coupled with the team's accomplishments, have made college football an integral part of the state's culture.
- Strategic Air Command: Nebraska was home to Offutt Air Force Base, which housed the Strategic Air Command (SAC) during the Cold War. SAC played a crucial role in the United States' nuclear deterrent strategy, and Offutt Air Force Base remains an important military installation to this day.
- Sandhill Cranes: Each year, millions of Sandhill Cranes migrate through Nebraska, making it one of the best places in the world for birdwatching enthusiasts. The Platte River Valley serves as a vital stopover for these majestic birds, attracting visitors from around the globe.
- Pioneer History: Nebraska has a rich pioneer history, as it was a significant part of the westward expansion in the 19th century. The Oregon Trail and the Pony Express passed through the state, and landmarks like Chimney Rock and Scotts Bluff National Monument offer glimpses into this historic era.
What is Nebraska's most known food?
When it comes to the most iconic food Nebraska is known for, it would be the beloved Runza. The Runza is a popular food item that originated in the state and has become a local culinary staple. It is a type of sandwich made with yeast dough that is filled with a combination of ground beef, onions, and cabbage. The filling is seasoned with spices and then baked until the bread is golden brown. The result is a warm and comforting handheld treat that is often enjoyed with ketchup or mustard. The Runza is so synonymous with Nebraska that it has even inspired a regional fast-food chain bearing the same name. It has become a favorite among Nebraskans and is often enjoyed as a quick and satisfying meal.