The Charming Small Town In Nebraska That Was Named After A Creek
We’re in no danger of a shortage when it comes to charming small towns in the Cornhusker State. From one border to the other, it is almost all small towns and little cities. Let’s take a day trip to the village of Elk Creek, Nebraska in Johnson County, just a short hop away from both the Missouri and Kansas borders.
This little village is just overflowing with charm, don’t you think? Coming here is such a lovely and welcoming surprise. Who knew Nebraska offered so much?
If you decide to spend the night in the area before heading home, you’re in luck – there’s a unique corn crib cottage Airbnb just about 30 minutes down the road.
Have you ever been to Elk Creek? If so, what did you think? What was your favorite part? We’d love to read about your experience in the comments section.
If you’re still in the mood for more Nebraska adventures, take a look at this video:
More to Explore
Out and About in Nebraska
Where can we find outdoor adventures in Nebraska?
- Deroin at Indian Cave State Park located in the southeast part of the state is an interesting ghost town to explore.
- The Happy Jack Chalk Mine in Scotia is Nebraska's only mine.
- Crescent Lake National Wildlife Refuge at the western edge of the Sandhills near Oshkosh offers a wide array of wildlife sightings.
Read on to learn more about the many exciting outdoor adventures in Nebraska.
Where can we find hidden gems in Nebraska?
- El Museo Latino in Omaha is the first Latino art and culture center in the Midwest and one of only 11 in the entire country.
- The Grove Lake Wildlife Management Area near Royal offers some amazing fishing opportunities. You can also walk through some of the most beautiful landscape in the sate.
- The small town of Brownville is nevertheless a popular tourist destination with numerous museums, a riverboat, and historic homes. Their annual flea market is a popular attraction here as well.
Read on to learn more about the many awesome hidden gems in Nebraska.
Where can we find lakes in Nebraska?
- Branched Oak Lake near Malcolm is the largest of the Lincoln area's Salt Valley Lakes.
- The Fremont State Recreation Area features 20 sandpit lakes offering swimming, fishing, boating, and water skiing.
- The Harlan County Reservoir is Nebraska's second-largest lake and a favorite for anglers.
Read on to learn more about the many beautiful lakes in Nebraska.