11 Ways Minnesota’s Lake Superior Has Winters Like Nowhere Else On Earth
While Minnesota is known for the 10,000-plus beautiful lakes dotting our land with sparkling blue pools, Lake Superior in the winter is one of the extraordinary highlights in this part of the country. Although it’s stunning in the summer, Lake Superior in the winter is one of the most beautiful places in Minnesota; filled with plenty of things to do and see. But don’t just take it from us. Read on to learn of some reasons why you should spend winter in Minnesota exploring Lake Superior.
As you can see, Lake Superior in winter is beyond stunning. Do you agree that the lake is one of the most beautiful places in Minnesota? If so, let us know in the following comment section!
If you’re more into activities when it’s warmer out, check out these Lake Superior beaches in Minnesota as well as these charming cottages on the water for ideas of how to enjoy the weather when you’re in this part of the state.
Lake Superior In Winter
What places can you visit on Lake Superior in winter?
- Duluth, Minnesota is a port city that you can visit on Lake Superior in winter. Due to its location, it’s earned the reputation as the snowiest city in the state. It’s also one of the most scenic cities in Minnesota thanks to the massive amounts of snow it gets each winter.
- Grand Marais is a small town known to have some of the friendliest people in Minnesota. Although it’s a fishing town, it’s still a picturesque spot to enjoy Lake Superior in the winter too.
- Beaver Bay is right on Lake Superior and is the oldest settlement along the North Shore in Minnesota.
What are some things to do in winter in Minnesota?
Some things to do in winter in Minnesota include the following seasonal outdoor activities:
- Hike Banning State Park
- Go snow tubing at Powder Ridge
- Ski at Elm Creek Recreation Area
- Spend the day sledding