Next time you’re in the mood for a sweet treat, there’s no need to settle for the grocery store. Minnesota has plenty of unique candy shops to fulfill every craving! What more could you expect from the home state of Pearson’s Candy who made such delectable treats as the Nut Goodie, Bit-O-Honey, and Salted Nut Roll? Form Bemidji to Winona, we rounded up some of the coolest candy and chocolate shops that are sure you satisfy your sweet tooth.
1. Abdallah Candies (Factory Store), Burnsville.
Family owned for 4 generations. Abdallah's is THE Minnesota candy maker.
2. Canelake's Candies, Virginia.
Another iconic Minnesota candy maker, Canelake's is a century old fixture in Virginia.
3. Widman's Candy Shop, Crookston.
Another four generation candy legacy, they're famous for their “Chocolate Covered Potato Chips” or "Chippers."
4. Minnesota's Largest Candy Store (Jim's Apple Farm), Jordan.
What's better than a store with thousands of kinds of candy? This place is unreal and if you haven't been, you're missing out!
5. Gunflint Mercantile, Grand Marais.
Made from scratch fudge in Grand Marais. Nothing like it!
6. Candyland The Store, St. Paul, Stillwater & Minneapolis.
Popcorn, candy, and chocolate. The perfect combination!
7. Regina's Fine Candies, St. Paul.
Homemade chocolates passed down from generation to generation! Another one of those sweet Minnesota families!
8. Red Wing Confectionery, Red Wing.
The kids will love watching them make chocolates in the back, and they have amazingly rich ice cream, too!
9. Sugar Sugar Candy, Minneapolis.
An amazing candy selection with old favorites and local treats! Yum!
10. Great! Lakes Candy Kitchen, Knife River.
3 generations of old fashioned candy making, and no sign of slowing! This place is a real treat!
11. The North Country Fudge Factory, Madelia
This might be the most amazing fudge you've ever had, and you can order it online!
12. Sweet Dreams Candy, Minneapolis.
All the candy you want and so much more. Watch out, those bags fill up fast!
13. Eclectic Collections & Confections, Thief River Falls.
Amazing chocolates and gummy bears among other sweet treats!
14. Curly Girlz Candy, Medford.
Amazing hand-crafted chocolates and candies!
15. Sweet River Candy Company, Anoka
A great selection, and they specialize in creating candy buffets for your events! Does it get any better than a candy buffet?
16. Aunt Belle's Candies, Park Rapids.
Amazing handmade candies and chocolates that will surely keep you coming back.
17. Fannie Rose Candy Shop, Duluth.
They specialize in amazing gourmet popcorn, and you will love all the other candy they have, too!
18. Hepzibah's Sweet Shoppe, Duluth.
In the DeWitt-Seitz Marketplace of Canal Park, you can find an epic candy selection and award-winning truffles.
19. Amy's Classic Confections
You might not be able to tell by the outside, but in this Minneapolis building are some of the best treats in the city!
20. Tremblay's Sweet Shop, Stillwater.
Old-fashioned, homemade candy, amazing chocolates, and salt water taffy!
21. The Original Mr. B. Chocolatier, Willmar.
You will never be able to forget these delicious Belgian and Swiss chocolates.
22. Truffle Hill Chocolates, Excelsior.
Fresh ingredients and careful precision make for some of the best chocolates around.
23. Droolin' Moose, Bloomington, Burnsville, & St. Louis Park.
You'll love their gourmet chocolates and they have great gifts for everyone!
24. Fancy Pants Chocolates, Brainerd.
Phenomenal chocolates made by hand in Downtown Brainerd!
25. St. Croix Chocolate Co, Marine on St. Croix
In Marine on St. Croix, this place is turning out the most delectable artisan chocolates.
26. Chocolat Celeste, St. Paul.
St. Paul's favorite Zagat-rated chocolatier. You will fall in love with Chocolat Celeste!
27. Just Truffles, St. Paul.
Obviously some of the most amazing truffles you will ever taste.
28. Laketown Chocolates, Waconia (Factory Outlet) & Excelsior.
Handcrafted, custom chocolates that are made fresh to order and make amazing gifts!
29. The Chocolate Escape, Wabasha.
Coffee, tea, and the best chocolate with a beautiful view!
30. The Chocolate Ox, Nisswa (soon to be in Crosslake as well).
Candy and ice cram galore! Everyone's favorite place to go when they're visiting the lake!
There’s no shortage of delectable goodies in the land of 10,000 lakes! What’s your favorite type of candy?