Michigan Has A Grand Canyon, Canyon Falls And It's Incredibly Beautiful
It’s no secret that the Grand Canyon is one of America’s most breathtaking attractions. If you’ve ever seen it, you’ll agree. The sweeping views are jaw droppingly gorgeous and a humbling reminder of how beautiful nature can be. But did you know that Michigan is home to its own “Grand Canyon,” complete with natural beauty that will leave you speechless? Lace up those boots, because today we’re taking you to one of the most beautiful natural attractions around, Canyon Falls in Michigan. Affectionally called “The Grand Canyon of Michigan,” you’ll quickly fall in love with this natural oasis, and it might even become your new favorite hiking spot! Let’s take a closer look.
Check out this amazing footage of the gorge and falls from YouTube user caryv1:
So the next time someone mentions their trip to the Grand Canyon, be sure to ask for clarification: “Which one?”
You can read more about the Grand Canyon of Michigan when you check out this additional article on the Canyon Gorge Trail. Have you visited Canyon Falls in Michigan? Share your trail experience in the comment section.
More to Explore
Canyon Falls in Michigan
Where else can I find the best views in Michigan?
When it comes to scenic views, Michigan doesn’t disappoint. The Wolverine State is full of unbelievable views, and if you’re willing to do a little bit of exploration, you’ll be rewarded tenfold, at places such as:
- Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore in the lower peninsula
- While at Sleeping Bear, take a hike up the Empire Bluff trail.
- For incredible views of Lake Michigan, pop on over to the tiny town of Arcadia where you can climb the 120 steps to a viewing area.
What are the most scenic hiking trails in Michigan?
Michigan’s diverse terrain lends to some incredibly scenic hiking trails. Whether you’re a weekend warrior looking to spend some time in the great outdoors, or you just have a few hours to kill, there are plenty of scenic hiking trails in Michigan that you’re sure to love. A few trails include:
- The Big Carp River Trail at the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park will give you a sweeping view of the Lake of the Clouds.
- For a more casual hike, head on over to Port Crescent State Park where you can hike to beautiful views overlooking Saginaw Bay and the Pinnebog River.
Are there any other natural wonders in Michigan?
One of the most fascinating natural wonders in Michigan is Turnip Rock, which attracts countless visitors every year. A few facts about this natural wonder in Michigan:
- To see it, you’ll need to journey to Port Austin.
- Once there, rent a kayak and paddle out about 3-4 miles into Lake Huron.
- This incredible rock was formed over thousands of years.
- As the water eroded it over time, it turned into the shape of a turnip, giving it its name.