Massachusetts Seasonal January 28, 2016
Here Are the 14 Best Places To Go Sledding In Massachusetts This Winter
Here are some of the best sledding spots in Massachusetts. Even though we all know there are some great hidden sledding jewels across the state, we’ve selected areas where sledding is explicitly permitted in order to avoid having your fun cut short. Pack the hot cocoa, slip into your snow pants, and check out these awesome sledding slopes!
1. Mt. Hood, 100 Sleyton Road, Melrose. People come from all around to ride the powder at this spot. A community favorite.
2. Northampton’s “Hospital Hill.” Located on the edge of the grounds of the former state hospital just above Smith Colleges’ equestrian center, it’s hard to miss this towering hill when you’re travelling west on Route 66 from downtown Northampton. A popular (and awesome) sledding spot in western Massachusetts.
3. Forest Park, Springfield. Two adjacent areas in the Barney Estate area of Forest Park are popular places for sledding - the Barney Hill and the Amphitheater.
4. Boston Common. You don't have to go far out of the city to get your sledding fix! There's plenty of room and snowy hills right in the middle of Boston.
5. Sheriff's Meadow, Martha's Vineyard. If you're wintering on the Vineyard, head on over to Sheriff's Meadow for some prime sledding. There's a good mix of steeper areas and more gentle slopes for the little ones.
6. Prospect Hill Park , Waltham. Definitely some steep spots here, so stay in control and have a blast. It has a wonderful spot on a cliff-top ridge that looks back across Waltham and Watertown over the whole Boston basin. 322 Totten Pond Road, Waltham.
7. Leo J. Martin Golf Course, 190 Park Road, Weston. Plenty of terrain for sledding, tubing, and general snowy fun.
8. Cable Hill County Road, Ipswich. A good mix of steep areas and gentler spots.
9. President's Lawn, Tufts University. This place is steep, but Tufts looks out for your safety by putting haystacks around trees and fences to soften any crashes.
10. Pete’s Hill, Sharon. The hill is located near Sharon center on Route 27.
11.Needham High School. Great for younger kids.
12. Bear Hill Golf Course, 2 North St, Stoneham
13. DeNormandie Dairy Farm, 65 Shaws Cove, Fairhaven, MA
14. Human dog-sledding at Lowell Winterfest. This sort of counts, right? For those who want to level up their sledding experience.
Where’s your favorite place to do some sledding around the state?
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.