Maryland's Most Refreshing Hike Will Lead You Straight To A Beautiful Swimming Hole
Calling all adventurers! Do you ever go on a vigorous hike, only to find yourself hot and sweaty by the end? That’s when the following trail comes in handy. Enjoy this easy trek that’s only about a mile in length, and then reward yourself with a dip in a waterfall swimming hole. Sound refreshing? Then read on for the details below about one of the best swimming holes in Maryland. It’s absolutely worth it. Happy exploring!
Have you ever taken the hike to one of the best swimming holes in Maryland? To learn more about the Kilgore Falls swimming hole hike in Maryland, visit the Maryland Department of Natural Resources website.
Want to visit more waterfalls in the Old Line State? Check out these hidden waterfalls in Maryland.
More to Explore
Swimming Hole Hike In Maryland
What are the best hikes in Maryland?
Some of the best hikes in Maryland include the following:
- Close to Washington D.C., you can traverse along the Billy Goat Trail where you will be rewarded with views of the Potomac River along the way.
- At Catoctin Mountain Park, you will have your choice of 25 miles of trails but try to choose one that heads to Chimney Rock, an overlook that promises sweeping vistas. There are so many options to see the natural beauty the state has to offer.
Where are the best places to swim in Maryland?
The best places to swim in Maryland include:
- Ocean beaches.
- Located in McHenry, Deep Creek Lake is the state’s largest lake and offers several spots along its 69 miles of shoreline for swimming.
- For a swim with a view, head to Lake Habeeb where you can take in the scenic mountains as you cool off.
Find out more about these and other swimming spots in this article.
What are some of the best summer activities in Maryland?
Some of the best summer activities in Maryland include:
- Day trips
- Weekend getaways
- Amusement parks
- Floating at Gunpowder Falls State Park
- Day trip to Assateague Island
- Exploring the Ocean City Boardwalk
- Taking in a movie at Bengies Drive-In