Baltimore November 27, 2017
10 Things Baltimoreans Do That Seem Insane To Everyone Else
Baltimoreans are a rare breed. There are some things Baltimore natives do in every day life that would seem insane to outsiders. Check out this list and see if you relate to any of the following:
During these uncertain times, please keep safety in mind and consider adding destinations to your bucket list to visit at a later date.
1. They shout "O!" during the National Anthem.
It's tradition and not meant to offend.
2. They're into the most peculiar art.
With so many creative people around Baltimore, art (especially one-of-a-kind art) can be found everywhere.
3. Even the Christmas decor is a little crazy.
Nothing says Christmas like Hampden's quirky decorations.
4. They put crab in EVERYTHING.
Crab omelets, crab fries, crab pasta...
5. And they're really into Old Bay.
There's even an Old Bay parking garage.
6. They call this fashion.
At Baltimore's annual Hon Fest, anything goes.
7. It's like they just go around inventing words.
You from Bawlmer, hon?
8. They really get into this whole Purple Friday thing.
It's considered good luck.
9. They eat sauerkraut at Thanksgiving.
This side-dish tradition started in Baltimore decades ago, and now surrounding counties are picking up on this delicious trend.
10. At the end of the day, they embrace the weird.
Because there's no city like Charm City.
For another relatable Baltimore list,