These 11 Photos of Maryland In The 1970s Are Mesmerizing
Maryland’s timeline goes way back and several generations have grown to call the state their home. These photos of Maryland in the 1970s will give you a glimpse of what life was like more than forty years ago. Although times have definitely changed, you may recognize a few of these spots.
1. These two boys are playing on Willie the Whale at the former Enchanted Forest in Ellicott City. Photo taken in 1972.
2. Flooding after hurricane Agnes in June 1972.
3. The 1973 Annapolis-Newport Race. This vessel finished in 8th place.
4. This photo captured in 1973 shows people boarding a Maryland Express bus heading towards Washington DC.
5. A long line of vehicles waiting to fill up with gasoline. Photo captured in June 1979.
6. Swimmers and sunbathers at Rocky Point Park in Baltimore County. Photo taken in June 1973.
7. President Nixon greeting people while arriving at Andrews Air Force Base in Camp Springs in 1971.
8. The last day for '73 tags brings a barage of Marylanders to the Bureau of Motor Vehicles in Rockville.
9. Firefighters rescuing a man during extreme flash floods in Rockville in July 1975.
10. A summer day in 1973 at Sandy Point State Park.
11. A leisurely day in July 1973 on Maryland's Chesapeake Bay.
What are your fondest memories of Maryland in the 1970s? Or do you have any relatives who have shared their stories with you? Feel free to share.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.