Visit This 46-Year-Old Roadside Stand For The Most Memorable Hot Dogs In Maine
Think of the best meal you’ve ever had in Maine. Did it include a white tablecloth and fancy waiters? If you’ve eaten enough meals here in Maine, I’m willing to bet the answer is no. For most of us, the best meal we’ve eaten in Vacationland has included a fair few napkins and a roadside stand. It’s been a little bit messy and the menu has been straight to the point. This is one of the best things about enjoying a meal in Maine. Of course, there are plenty of lobster shacks that fit this description, but we recommend trying a different sort of roadside meal next time you’re hungry. Wasses Hot Dogs in Rockland, Maine is the perfect option. Especially if you’re in search of something messy and quick!
Wasses Hot Dogs in Rockland is open year-round at various times throughout the week. To plan your visit, be sure to follow Wasses on Facebook. If you have questions it’s best to send them a message through Facebook. Or, better yet, simply stop in and check them out in person. You can also visit them on Thomaston. You can reach that location on 207-594-4347.
The only thing better than stopping into Wasses of Rockland for lunch is planning a long weekend around your visit. From eating to hiking a coastal trail there’s so much to do in Rockland that it’s easy to fill each day with fun. To enjoy it like a local consider booking a vacation rental.
More to Explore
Wasses Hot Dogs in Rockland, Maine
Are there any waterfront restaurants in Maine?
There are quite a few waterfront restaurants in Maine. The state has the longest coastline in the country, which means there's plenty of space for dining. Here are a few to visit:
- Saltwater Grille, South Portland: Sitting right on Casco Bay with views of Portland, Saltwater Grille is a great place to enjoy a seafood dinner and a drink.
- Jack Russell's Steakhouse & Brewery, Bar Harbor: With views over the Mt. Desert Narrows, this steak restaurant is a great option when you're visiting Acadia National Park. If it's warm out, be sure to check out their rooftop dining option, too.
- Pool Lobster at Goldthwaite's, Biddeford Pool: One part general store and one part lobster shack, there's nothing like this little spot anywhere else! Enjoy a lobster roll overlooking the water on one of the chairs or picnic tables outside.
Where are the best bakeries in Maine?
The best bakeries in Maine can be found in every corner of the state. A few local favorites include:
- The Wayne General Store, Wayne: While not only a bakery, this unsuspecting general store offers some of the best baked bread in the area.
- Botto’s Bakery, Portland: This classic spot comes with quite a bit of history. It dates back to 1949 and they bake everything from breads to pies.
- Beach Pea Baking Co., Kittery: This charming artisan bakery has bread, pies, and muffins. They also serve some great lunch food.