Gator Country Alligator Farm In Louisiana Makes For A Fun Family Day Trip
You don’t have to travel very far to spot an alligator in Louisiana, but that wasn’t always the case. In the 1960s, there was a massive drop in the alligator population in Louisiana due to a result of over-poaching, and by the mid-1980s, there were less than 400,000 in the wild. Since then, Louisiana’s conservation efforts have paid off, and today Louisiana has nearly three million alligators – more than any other state (including Florida). Of course, there are gator farms where you can get up close and personal with these creatures. One, in particular, is Gator Country, and it’s the best alligator farm in Shreveport.
Learning about these radiant reptiles demystifies their frightening reputation, and Gator Country Alligator Farm is one of the top destinations in Louisiana to get up close and personal with these prehistoric beasts. Who knows, you may even find the courage to hold one!
Here’s a cool video by YouTuber Joey Hunter highlighting some of the fun things to do inside Gator Country:
For more information, including swamp boat tours, hours of operation, and ticket pricing, be sure to check out its Gator Country website, and don’t forget to give it a follow on Gator Country Facebook.
Have you ever visited Gator Country? Share your experience with us in the comments.
And if you’re searching for more animal encounters, here’s a petting zoo in Louisiana that is perfect for the family.
More to Explore
ALLIGATOR FARMS IN LOUISIANA & RELATED INFO
Aside from Gator Country Alligator Farm, what are some more alligator farms in Louisiana?
While Gator Country is one of the best alligator farms in our state, here are some more alligator farms in Louisiana that are great for the entire family.
- Gator Chateau, Jennings
- Kliebert & Son’s Gator Tours, Ponchatoula
- Greenwood Gator Farm & Tours, Gibson
- Insta-Gator Ranch & Hatchery, Covington
- Gators and Friends, Greenwood
For more animal encounters and wildlife excursions, be sure to check out our articles on wildlife encounters in Louisiana.
What are some more fun things to do in Shreveport?
From museums to aquariums to river cruises, and more, there are lots of fun things to do in Shreveport, and here are a few that we recommend.
- Shreveport Aquarium
- Sci-Port Discovery Center
- Jubilee Zoo - Petting Zoo & Play Place
- Shreveport Water Works Museum
- Splash Kingdom Oasis
- Bricks 4 Kidz - Shreveport/Bossier City
- Spirit of the Red River Cruise
- Walter B Jacobs Memorial Nature Park
- Shreveport Riverview Park
- Shoppes at Bellemead
- Shreveport Railroad Museum
- Gardens of the American Rose Center
If you’re searching for more adventure, here’s a previous article with lots of fun things to do in Shreveport.
What are the best family-friendly attractions in Louisiana?
There are lots of family-friendly attractions in Louisiana, and here are the ones that we like the best:
- Wild Country Safari Park, Delhi
- Global Wildlife Center, Folsom
- Driskill Mountain, Bienville Parish
- Audubon Zoo, New Orleans
- Lake Claiborne State Park, 225 State Park Rd, Home
- Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden, New Orleans
- Jungle Gardens, Avery Island
- Vermilionville Historic Village, LaFayette
- Steamboat Natchez, New Orleans
- Blue Bayou Water Park, Baton Rouge
- Honey Island Swamp Tours, Slidell
- Fontainebleau State Park, Mandeville
Be sure to check out our previous article about more family-friendly things to do in Louisiana.