The Creepiest Hike In Kentucky Takes You Through The Ruins Of An Abandoned Battlefield
Here in Kentucky, we have a world of hiking all within reach. We can explore underground caves and grand canyons, and hike to scenic overlooks and hidden gems. And when we’re in the mood for a spine-tingling trek? Well, we have loads of options sure to scratch that itch, too! There’s this hike to a real-life ghost ship. And this trek in a fascinating Kentucky ghost town. But the creepiest hike in Kentucky ventures through an abandoned battlefield, and it’s an outing that’s sure to make your hairs stand on end. If you’ve ever wanted to hike to ruins in Kentucky, this outing might just be the next best thing.
Have you hiked at Perryville Battlefield State Historic Site before? Do you agree that it’s the creepiest place to hike in Kentucky? Share your experiences at this historic and haunted site in the comments below — we’d love to hear from you!
And, if you’re planning to stay for a night or two in the area, be sure to check out these unique vacation rentals in Perryville, Kentucky.
More to Explore
haunted places in Kentucky
What are some of the most haunted places in Kentucky:
You may not be surprised to learn that Kentucky has its fair share of haunted locales. Below you'll find a list of some of the most haunted places in Kentucky:
- Waverly Hills Sanatorium -- Louisville, Kentucky
- Old Louisville -- Louisville, Kentucky
- Camp Zachary Taylor -- Louisville, Kentucky
- Mammoth Cave -- Mammoth Cave, Kentucky
- Louisville Palace Theater -- Louisville, Kentucky
- The Seelbach Hilton -- Louisville, Kentucky
- Pope Lick Trestle Bridge -- Louisville, Kentucky
- The Old Greensburg Courthouse -- Greensburg, Kentucky
- Historic Sherman Tavern -- Dry Ridge, Kentucky
- Loudon House -- Lexington, Kentucky
- Maple House Manor -- Springfield, Kentucky
- Lick Creek Cemetery -- Lick Creek, Kentucky
- The Cave Hill Cemetery -- Louisville, Kentucky
- Bobby Mackey's Music World -- Wilder, Kentucky
Have you visited any of the above haunted places before? If you're curious to learn more about what makes each of them so terrifying, be sure to check out our list of some of the most haunted places in Kentucky.
Are there any haunted hotels in Kentucky?
You bet! Kentucky is home to an impressive number of spooky spots, and many of them happen to be historic hotels or inns. Without further ado, here's a list of some of the most haunted hotels in Kentucky:
- Brown Hotel
- Benham Schoolhouse Inn
- Boone Tavern Inn
- Brennan House
- Camp Springs House Bed & Breakfast
- Campbell House Bed & Breakfast
- Maple Hill Manor
- Old Talbott Tavern Inn
- Seelbach Hilton
- Jailer's Inn
Do you think you've got what it takes to spend the night in a notoriously haunted hotel? If so, learn more about these haunted hotels in Kentucky -- if you dare!