Kansas September 11, 2017
8 Fall Festivals In Kansas That Will Make Your Autumn Awesome
Of all the awesome festivals in Kansas, the most beautiful and interactive ones are in fall. From pounds of pumpkins to awesome crafts, these festivals really bring something special to the visitors that participate. The following 8 festivals are in date order, with highlights and locations included when applicable. Are you planning on attending any of these this year?
1. Perry Fall Festival - Front Street, Perry, Kansas - September 9, 2017
You'll find awesome activities such as free train and pony rides, inflatables, crafts, food, live music and a car show. Sounds exciting!
2. Overland Park Fall Festival - 8045 Santa Fe Drive, Overland Park, Kansas - September 23, 2017
This fall festival is packed with a market, arts and crafts, a parade, and plenty of activities for the kids. They also have quite a few puppet shows and other things you don't often see at festivals here.
3. Cornstock - Garnett Lake, Garnett, Kansas - September 23, 2017
It's an awesome country music festival that also features a disc golf tournament, a 5k, and a cornhole tournament. Camp at the location, or drive in, it's your choice! However, you've got to bring your own lawn chairs.
4. Louisburg Ciderfest - 14730 KS-68, Louisburg, Kansas - September 23, 24, September 30 & October 1, 2017
Beginning with a pancake breakfast, this festival is packed with ponies, a slide, crafts, and even apple cider donuts! (What would we do without those?) You can have a cup of fresh hot or cold cider, which is a real treat if you haven't had it before. No wonder they have a whole festival about it!
5. Shawnee Scarecrow Festival - 11110 Johnson Drive, Shawnee, Kansas - October 7, 2017
Celebrate the arrival of autumn at this awesome event. Participate in pumpkin painting, a baking contest, or the best part, scarecrow making! (Not too scary, though. We're only trying to scare birds!)
6. Svensk Hyllningsfest - Lindsborg, Kansas - October 13 & 14, 2017
Every other October, the residents of Lindsborg celebrate their Swedish heritage in the form of a city-wide festival. You can sample a true Smörgåsbord, or just hang out and enjoy the folk music and dance.
7. Maple Leaf Festival - Baldwin, Kansas - October 21 & 22, 2017
The maple leaf festival has honored the turning of the leaves for more than 50 years. They have all sorts of events such as quilt shows, kid competitions and a parade.
8. Harvest Festival and Chili Cook-Off - 3 West Wea Street, Paola, Kansas - 2017 TBA
Welcome the autumn season in Paola with a chili cook-off and vendors as well as fun for the kids. (The dates for this year's festival haven't been announced yet, however.)
In addition to these sweet fall festivals, why not enjoy
an awesome day trip full of gorgeous autumn scenery?