20 Towns In Iowa That Have The Most Bizarre, Hilarious Names You’ll Ever See
The highlight of pretty much any road trip is driving down the road, seeing the signs for hilariously named towns. When you drive through Iowa, you’re sure to have a laugh, or scratch your head and wonder “who came up with this name, and why the heck did they decide to go with this of all things?” For your next road trip, be sure to check out these 20 bizarrely and hilariously named towns in Iowa.
We’re aware that these uncertain times are limiting many aspects of life as we all practice social and physical distancing. While we’re continuing to feature destinations that make our state wonderful, we don’t expect or encourage you to go check them out immediately. We believe that supporting local attractions is important now more than ever and we hope our articles inspire your future adventures! And on that note, please nominate your favorite local business that could use some love right now: https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/nominate/
Some more bizarrely named towns:
13. Correctionville: is that a type-o? No, it’s correct(ionville).
14. Andover: And over, and over…
15. Doon: Not to be confused with the 1980’s sci-fi movie “Dune.”
16. Unique: You can tell by our name that our town is unique!
17. Thirty: What’s your favorite number? Okay, now that’s your town name.
18. Last Chance: This is your last chance to pick a town name or we will make one up for you.
19. Promise City: We promise this city is cool. No, like awesome, not like the town Cool.
20. Hard Scratch: Ouch, that was a hard scratch! Hey wait… that would make a good town name, right?!
What are some more bizarrely and hilariously named towns in Iowa? Share them with us!