Iowa August 07, 2017
Shhh… These 10 Hidden Places Are Iowa’s Best Kept Secrets
You may not run across these places accidentally. They are worth visiting on purpose.
1. Canteen Lunch In the Alley, 112 E 2nd St., Ottumwa
With just 16 stools against the counter and a classic Midwestern loose-meat sandwich, pies, and amazing malts, this place is off the beaten path, but so worth a walk down the alley. It's tiny, too. Learn more about Iowa's tiniest hidden eateries,
2. Hans Christian Andersen statue garden, N Main St., Kimballton
This sculpture garden features a smaller version of The Little Mermaid statue in Copenhagen Harbor. Learn more about the statue's history,
3. Bedega Victoriana is located in the Loess Hills region of Iowa at 60397 Kidd Rd, Glenwood.
This beautiful Iowa barn is a winery. Learn more about this incredible secret place, a href="http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/iowa/barn-in-ia-is-a-winery-and-youll-want-to-visit/" target="_blank">here.
4. Los Altos Mexican Restaurant is located at 223 S Division St., Stuart.
It's just west of Des Moines in the small town of Stuart, and the food is divine.
5. Uptown Cafe is located at 108 W State Street in the small Iowa town of Jefferson.
, you'll find some of the most amazing biscuits and gravy in the nation.
6. George Wyth State Park is located at 3659 Wyth Rd., Waterloo
The locals know right were to find it. This amazing secret Iowa beach is worth a visit. Learn more,
7. Taylor's Maid-Rite, 106 S 3rd Ave., Marshalltown
This is another little Iowa restaurant that's definitely out of the way. Learn more about their amazing sandwiches,
8. Richmond Springs is tucked away in Backbone State Park.
The spring pumps more than 2,000 gallons of cold water into the pool every minute. Learn all about it,
9. Stringtown Grocery is located at 2208 540th Street SW four miles north of Kalona.
This Mennonite-owned store is a dream come true for bakers and candy lovers. Find out more,
10. Lake Anita is located at 55111 750th Street, Anita.
About an hour west of Des Moines, this amazing quiet Iowa lake is a great place to de-stress. Learn all about it,
What’s your favorite little-known Iowa location?