Lake Le-Aqua-Na In Illinois Has Clear Waters That Rival The Caribbean
The Land of Lincoln is not known for having a tropical climate or waters like the Caribbean. However, like in the Caribbean, you can find some incredible clear water around the state. With some of the clearest water in Illinois, Lake Le-Aqua-Na in Lena, just 6 miles south of the Illinois-Wisconsin state line, is a worthwhile body of water to go for a swim. Let’s explore one of the prettiest lakes in Illinois and bask in all its glory.
Here’s a cool YouTube video by Aerial Expression with some pretty views of Lake Le-Aqua-Na State Park.
Have you ever taken a dip in Lake Le-Aqua-Na with some of the clearest water in Illinois? What is your favorite swimming hole around the state? Tell us in the comments! To learn more about this beautiful lake with pristine waters, visit the Illinois Department of Natural Resources website. Before you head to Lake Le-Aqua-Na, be sure to check out the OIYS Road Trip Packing List for some good ideas for your trip.
You can also cool off at one of these gorgeous natural swimming holes in Illinois this summer.
More to Explore
LAKES IN ILLINOIS & RELATED INFO
Aside from Lake Le-Aqua-Na, what are some more of the clearest lakes in Illinois?
While Lake Le-Aqua-Na is one of the prettiest lakes in our state, here are some more of the clearest lakes in Illinois that are equally beautiful:
- Lake Michigan, Chicago
- Grass Lake, Antioch Township
- Lake Glendale, Golconda
- Lake of Egypt, Creal Springs
- Lake Marie, Antioch Township
- Nippersink Lake, Fox Lake
- Bluff Lake, Antioch Township
- Devil's Kitchen Lake, Carbondale
- Kinkaid Lake, Jackson County
- Lake Springfield, Springfield
Check out this previous article highlighting some more of the clearest lakes in Illinois.
What are the best beaches in Illinois for summer fun?
If you’re searching for some fun in the sun, here are the best beaches in Illinois that are perfect for a summer day trip:
- Lighthouse Beach, Evanston
- Oak Street Beach, Chicago
- Sunrise Park, Lake Bluff
- Lake Shelbyville, Shelby County
- Northwestern Beach, Evanston
- Glencoe Beach, Chicago
- Clinton Lake State Recreation Area, De Witt
- Montrose Beach, Chicago
- Eldon Hazlet State Recreation Area, Carlyle
- 57th Street Beach, Chicago
Discover more by reading this previous article about the best beaches in Illinois.
What are the best state parks in Illinois?
There are so many state parks in Illinois that are worthy of a visit, but here are 10 of the best state parks that we recommend:
- Kankakee River State Park, Bourbonnais
- Starved Rock State Park, Oglesby
- Moraine Hills State Park, McHenry
- Ferne Clyffe State Park, Goreville
- Matthiessen State Park, Oglesby
- Rock Cut State Park, Caledonia
- Giant City State Park, Makanda
- Illinois Beach State Park, Zion
- Cave-in-Rock State Park, Cave-In-Rock
- Mississippi Palisades State Park, Savanna
Be sure to read our previous article telling you more about some of the best state parks in Illinois.