These 13 Photos of Illinois In The 1960s Are Mesmerizing
Many of our readers will recognize images of Illinois from the 1960s, but for many of us, these are all new and exciting. A lot of things have not changed, but you definitely get a glimpse into what life was like back then. So let’s get groovy and take a trip back to Illinois in the 1960s.
1. People waited for the bus--although in much different clothing.
2. State Street in Chicago was bustling with shoppers.
3. Men make their way down Randolph Street in 1968.
4. There were not quite as many skyscrapers, but still a lot.
5. The "L" looked pretty much the same.
6. Yes, there were some interesting characters hanging around the L even back then.
7. It was the 1960s, so anti-war demonstrations were a huge part of the decade.
8. Here is another shot of an anti-war protest in Chicago.
9. Love the glasses on this cute older couple in 1960s Illinois.
10. This awesome Picasso sculpture was new, as it was dedicated in 1967.
11. I love this shot of this young woman and her dog along the shores of Lake Michigan.
12. Family gatherings looked pretty similar. Although they were probably serving some Jell-o dish.
13. And in the 1960s, it was still super cold, and people stayed bundled up.
Have photos of Illinois from the 1960s? Be sure to share them on the Only in Illinois Facebook page.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.