Hawaii April 21, 2016
17 Reasons Why My Heart Will Always Be In Hawaii
From our beautiful beaches and incredible hiking to the all-encompassing aloha spirit, there is no questioning that my heart belongs in Hawaii. And whether you’ve lived in Hawaii your entire life, have recently moved to the islands, or just love visiting as often as you can, I’m sure you can agree – otherwise, why would you choose to stay in a place with such a high cost of living?
1. You’re never too far from the beach, because as we all know, vitamin sea is the best form of therapy.
2. There is no need to ever have a gym membership – unless you prefer treadmills to hiking trails.
3. The Aloha vibes will keep you smiling all day – even through that nasty traffic.
4. There is nothing better than sipping coffee while you watch the sun rise over the Pacific Ocean…
5. … Except for maybe watching a quintessential Hawaiian sunset.
6. There is something so enchanting about swimming with colorful fish, and beautiful green sea turtles.
7. The air is fresh, and clean.
8. You can experience everything from early morning yoga sessions on the beach to bustling nightlife and everything in between – without ever leaving the island.
How could you ever get bored with this beautiful place?
9. Ohana is everything.
Even as a Hawaii transplant, you will quickly make friends who are like family.
10. You will never run out of magical places to explore.
11. Hawaiian food will feed your stomach – and your soul.
12. In Hawaii, emphasis is placed on experiences, not things.
13. When you’re feeling down, a rainbow is surely right around the corner, waiting to cheer you up.
14. You’ll never feel more at peace than while standing in front of a cascading waterfall.
15. There is absolutely nothing better than a fresh cup of Kona coffee.
I know I already mentioned the food, but Hawaii-grown coffee has got to be one of the best things about living in Hawaii – at least for a caffeine addict like me.
16. Hawaii residents appreciate the little things – and we never take life for granted.
17. There is nowhere else in the world with this combination of scenery.
These reasons are undoubtedly different for everyone, so we’d love to hear about why you love the islands on our Only In Hawaii Facebook Page.