Georgia July 28, 2016
Here Are The 10 Worst Mistakes Tourists Make While Visiting Georgia
A lot of times, tourists end up stereotyping this great state of Georgia. From either stories they’ve heard, or news spread through the media, tourists end up having a warped sense of what Georgia has to offer especially before they even set foot in the state. The problem is that the millions of people end up not being able to understand Georgia until they are able spend some time here. Simply for kicks, we’ve compiled a list of the 10 worst mistakes tourists make while visiting Georgia. Here they are in no particular order:
1. "Everyone must know Paula Deen."
No, we don't. Nor do we have an obsession with butter.
2. "There doesn’t seem like there’s much to do in Georgia."
The actual problem is that there isn't enough time to do everything in Georgia.
3. "Everything must be haunted."
While some parts are definitely harboring some paranormal spirits, you'll mostly be in the clear for every day, run-of-the-mill ghost activity.
4. "I bet they sell peaches on every street corner and all-year round."
I wish. But alas, everything has a season and a stand. Peddling peaches isn't what you picture it to be.
5. "Pepsi and Coke are pretty much the same thing."
No. Nope. Not-at-all. Never.
6. "Georgian accents are super weird."
Actually, Georgian accents were voted by Time Magazine as the most attractive. Buuuuut let's not be technical.
7. "If you don't live in Atlanta, you must be bored."
Wrong-O. While Atlanta is super busy and filled with things to do, the rest of the state is constantly featuring activities, festivals, gatherings, and events.
8. "Georgia doesn’t have too much culture, does it?"
Culture oozes out of every town big or small in Georgia. Our state is filled with educated minds who continuously advance Georgia each year.
9. "All Georgians drink are moonshine and beer."
Except that our wine is extremely popular, and our vineyards and wineries are a must-visit.
10. "Doesn’t seem like there’s a lot of nature in Georgia."
Yeah, you're right. Nature in Georgia is gross. Just look at those disgusting pictures of Mother Earth doing her thing.
Have you ever been victim to a Georgia stereotype from a tourist? Share you experience with us! Or, if you’re feeling some of the state feels right now, check out
12 Undeniable Reasons Why Georgia Will Always Be Home.