Georgia April 19, 2016
15 Reasons Why My Heart Will Always Be In Georgia
Many people who grew up in Georgia eventually moved on to a new state or city and left their home state behind. However, regardless of where you go in the country, where you grew up will always have a special place in your heart. Your home state will always be that place filled with memories that you hold near and dear. Don’t believe us? Here are 15 reasons why my heart will always be in Georgia, no matter where I travel to in the world.
1. From the brush to the beach in a day.
Not many states can boast the fact that within the same day you can be immersed in nature, deep in the woods, then drive and be on the coast with nothing but ocean for miles.
2. It's hard to find people like Georgians.
Really, we all know this is true. Georgians are their own breed of human. Not only are they extremely kind and considerate, they also are well mannered and polite. Win, win.... And win some more.
3. Southern cooking will just never be the same anywhere else.
Sure, some states say their Southern cooking is top notch, but really? You can't fry okra or chicken like us. You just can't.
4. We're on top of the agriculture game.
Really though. What other state can boast this type of agricultural prowess? Number 1 in peanuts and peaches?! Yum.
5. The sunsets in Georgia are like no other.
It doesn't matter where you are in the state, the sunsets are absolutely breathtaking. Whether you're on the beach or high in a mountain, it's gorgeous regardless. And speaking of...
6. The mountains
There really is no explanation necessary here. The photos speak for themselves.
7. We have some incredible big cities.
Savannah, Atlanta, Athens, Marietta, Alpharetta...
8. Along with some really cool small towns.
Fayetteville, Perry, Stockbridge...
10. Every time I see Coca-Cola, Home Depot or Chik-Fil-A, I think of home.
11. There are always views wherever you go.
It doesn't matter if you're on a rooftop bar having some cocktails or hiking to Brasstown Bald, there's always a view to be savored.
12. There's no need to rush.
Many other cities and states in the U.S. are in a constant state of hurry, thus making the inhabitants anxious and always rushing. Georgians aren't that hurried. They like a slow pace to enjoy life at their leisure.
13. There's no history quite like Georgia history.
Not many states have the history in the development of our country quite like Georgia's contributions.
14. Because where else can you get legitimate Brunswick Stew?
Not Virginia, that's for dang sure.
15. Because my family, friends, and neighbors are all here.
That's enough reason to leave my heart in Georgia.
What are some of your own reasons of why your heart will forever remain in Georgia? We’d love to hear your thoughts.