Georgia February 02, 2017
11 Things No Self-Respecting Georgian Would Ever Do
As a Georgian, I’m sure you’re aware of some pretty obvious dos and don’ts in order for you to wear your state title with pride, right? For example, no self-respecting Georgian would ever be caught drinking a tea that ain’t sweet, am I right?
All jokes aside, Georgians are pretty particular about what they would and won’t do in honor of their great state, and here are a few of those things.
1. Order a Pepsi in a restaurant.
Or really anywhere else for that matter. Georgians know that Coke is the only option for a fizzy beverage in the state, no ifs ands or buts about it.
2. Cuss in front of an absolute stranger.
Georgians are pretty mindful of their cussing, and you won't catch any self-resecting Georgian cussing in front of someone they don't know. Or at least without an apology first.
3. Say no to a Krispy Kreme donut.
Georgians are among a large group of people who will randomly, with no warning, crave a fresh right-out-of-the-oven donut From Krispy Kreme. It's like, in our DNA or something.
4. Skip the grocery store when the weather calls for snow.
We've all done it at least once: underestimate a snow storm. That's why a self-respecting Georgian will respect the fluctuation in weather patterns and stock the heck up during a potential snowfall.
5. Admit that they have at one point or another vacationed in Florida.
Maybe it happened, but we don't need to talk about it, right?
6. Not have an arsenal of bug repellent on hand.
If you live in Georgia you know exactly what to expect. For your skin and sanity's sake, you stock up every year.
7. Assume it's a cold rather than allergies.
Nine times out of ten it's just that exorbitant amount of pollen floating through the air on any given day. Don't worry.
8. Admit that they don't know what Georgia's state prepared food is.
It's grits. You know that. I know that. We all eat 'em and they are dang delicious.
9. Be embarrassed to eat at Waffle House at 2 a.m. ...or ever.
Waffle House is part of who we are. It's the go-to place after a late night, or that spot that always serves consistently good waffles. So why be embarrassed?
10. Choose an outfit without checking the weather first.
Remember that time the weatherman predicted a beautiful day and it ended with hail? Yeah, we won't make that short-sleeve-shirt mistake again.
11. Cheer on The New England Patriots This Sunday.
IF YOU LOVE THEM SO MUCH, THEN JUST MOVE THERE. Just kidding.....kind of....
We kid, we kid…..sort of. Are there any other things you feel should be added to the list? Share with us in the comments.
Otherwise, if Georgia pride is what you’re about then check out
15 Reasons Why You Should Never, Ever Move To Georgia.