Georgia November 22, 2016
20 Legitimately Fun Things You Can Do In Georgia Without Spending A Dime
Whether you are entertaining guests who are visiting during the holidays, or simply looking for a few ways to enjoy Georgia without breaking the bank, we have you covered. There are so many legitimately fun things to do in Georgia without spending a dime, you may not ever have to spend a dime again. (Just kidding…that’s an unrealistic pipe dream. One can only hope, right?) Check out these 20 fun things to do in Georgia for FREE.
1. Spend the afternoon playing a round of disc golf.
There are tons of free disc golf courses peppered throughout the state. It's the perfect way to spend an afternoon in the sun while getting exercise.
2. Find some quality deals at a Georgia Flea Market.
Weekends are perfect for flea marketing. Save some money and search for those lucky finds!
3. Adventure through the Atlanta Beltline.
Whether you walk, bike, or run through the Atlanta Beltline, there will always be sights to see and beauty along the way.
4. Hike to the top of Brasstown Bald and catch a sunset.
5. Buy some fresh produce at a local farmer’s market.
They're free to attend and your body and wallet will thank you.
6. Admire all the wonderful street art drawn by Georgia natives.
Street art sometimes gets a bad rap. However places like Krog St. Tunnel make it free and fun to wander around.
7. Take a free tour at the coolest creamery around—Mayfield Dairy Farms.
8. Feel the chills through Savannah's cemeteries.
Haunted or not? You be the judge.
9. Admire the holiday lights in Centennial Olympic Park.
10. Take the Historic Old Mill Road Trip.
Visiting the beautiful old ruins in Georgia is completely free, and totally worth it.
11. Spend the afternoon appreciating the Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site.
12. Immerse yourself in nature at Davidson-Arabia Nature Preserve.
13. Indulge in the night sky at Georgia Coleman Planetarium.
For free admissions and shows, make sure you check out the planetarium's website.
14. Bike your way down part of the Silver Comet Trail and Riverwalk.
15. Catch a live open-mike jam sesh at Woodbine Opry.
This free weekly music program in Woodbine, Georgia sure does bring in the crowds.
16. Figure out your own Georgia Guidestone Theory.
Many have tried, few have succeeded.
17. Complete your holiday shopping at the Ponce City Market.
With all new stores, shops, and boutiques, there is always a little bit of something for everyone.
18. Take the Georgia Lighthouse Road Trip.
There are only a few left in the state and boy are they spectacular.
19. Explore the marshes and wildlife on Little Tybee Island.
Free admission always.
20. Get a tour of the BAPS Hindu Mandir Temple.
It doesn't matter your religious affiliation, BAPS welcomes everybody to appreciate the wonderment and architecture of their facility.
Care to share with us more fun and free things to do in Georgia?! We’d love to hear from you!
Or if you want more exciting Georgia activities to partake in, then check out
The Unique Georgia State Park Everyone Needs To Experience At Least Once.