Visit The Amicalola River Trail In Georgia For An Epic Waterside Springtime Hike
Ah, spring is in the air. Can you feel it, Georgians? As the haze of the winter temperatures lifts, we can start to feel the beginnings of spring appear once and for all. If you really want to get outside and get ready for what spring has to offer in Georgia, then we have the perfect hiking trail for you. On the Amicalola River Trail in Georgia, you’ll be able to hike through the forests in Dawsonville and end up at an epic waterfront area where you can cool off in the Amicalola River. Sound like heaven on earth? It just might be.
Have you ever hiked the Amicalola River Trail in Georgia before? Share with us your experience in the comments section below — we would love to hear from you! Or if you’re looking for more information about this hiking trail, then check out the AllTrails overview.
What are some of your favorite hiking trails in Georgia during the spring? If you’re looking for a little more inspiration, check out our list of picture-perfect spring hikes and other fun things to do in Georgia:
More to Explore
Spring In Georgia
What are some fun things to do in Georgia during the springtime?
Spring in Georgia is a marvelous time of year. Flowers are in bloom, folks are outdoors, and there's a lot to celebrate. To embrace all that the season has to offer, we'd recommend checking out the following list of fun things to do in Georgia during the springtime:
- Hamilton Rhododendron Gardens
- Callaway Resort & Gardens
- International Cherry Blossom Festival
- Atlanta Botanical Garden
- The State Botanical Garden of Georgia
- Piedmont Park
- Forsyth Park
- Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest's Mount Yonah Trail
- Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest's Panther Falls and Angel Falls Trail
- Vogel State Park's Bear Hair Gap Trail
- Serenberry Vineyards - Farm Winery
- Smithgall Woods State Park
- Gibbs Gardens in Ball Ground
- Hills & Dales Estate in LaGrange
- Rock City Gardens in Lookout Mountain
- Hart County Botanical Garden
Looking for even more ideas? Find out what makes each of the above destinations so special when you check out our full list of springtime activities and attractions in Georgia.
What are some of the very best hiking trails in Georgia?
Georgia is a hiker's paradise! Below we've listed some of the very best hiking trails for you to discover in Georgia.
- Anna Ruby Falls Trail
- Helton Creek Falls Trail
- Minnehaha Falls Trail
- Davidson-Arabia Nature Preserve, Mountain View Trail
- Tallulah Gorge, Hurricane Falls Loop
- Constitution Lakes Park, Doll's Head Trail
- Hemlock Falls Trail
- Dukes Creek Falls Trail
- Raven Cliff Falls Trail
- High Falls State Park Trail
- Sweetwater Creek State Park, Yellow Trail
Learn more about these amazing hikes in Georgia.