Florida February 17, 2017
15 Indisputable Reasons Why It’s Not Always Easy Being From Florida
There are a lot of awesome things about being from Florida, but all of that can turn into a disadvantage the minute you leave the Sunshine State. Just in case you’re considering leaving our favorite state (even if it’s just a short trip), we want to warn you about a few reasons why it might not be so easy:
1. You can't get seafood like this everywhere.
You might just realize you were a little bit spoiled seafood-wise.
2. And the same is true for beaches.
Not to be a snob, but you won't believe what passes for a "beautiful beach" in some other states.
3. Not every place will appreciate your flip-flop collection.
There aren't many other places where you can wear these year-round, everywhere you go.
4. Not every state has infinite outdoor adventures.
You could spend a lifetime exploring the beautiful parks and taking epic road trips.
5. The grocery stores in other states probably don't have entire aisles devoted to dozens of orange juice varieties.
What will you do to get your Vitamin C? Take a pill? Bleh.
6. There's a chance that you have a family member or friend who disagrees with you about this one really important thing.
And things can get real ugly for a little while every November.
7. It's hard not to miss the ancient oaks, draped with moss.
As providers of shade, we naturally have a huge appreciation for big trees.
8. Your state's topography did not prepare you for this.
Whether you're visiting San Francisco or hiking in the mountains, hills will take some getting used to.
9. Not every place s so green and full of life.
If you grew up here, it can get pretty depressing living somewhere cold and/or arid.
10. You won't be able to find this iconic dessert everywhere you go.
Floridians have a special appreciation for our official State Pie.
11. These grocery stores are not in every state (yet).
That means no Pub subs, Publix fried chicken, or their amazing bakery.
12. Not every state has its own chain of islands.
You'll definitely miss the paradise known as the Florida Keys.
13. Not every state has pristine crystal-clear springs, either.
Florida's beauty isn't contained to just beaches. Our springs are truly rare gems and some of the best in the world.
14. You probably won't be able to go to an awesome theme park whenever you want to.
Even though there are downsides to being a tourist state, it's kind of lame to not have any attractions nearby.
15. You will never stop longing for Florida winters.
We have no snow, amazing weather and our own special holiday traditions.
What do you think, Floridians? Do you have any other reasons it’s hard to be from Florida?