Delaware November 01, 2016
10 Undeniable Reasons Why Delaware Will Always Be Home
Oh, Delaware – those of us who live here really, really love it. The slow paced life, the beautiful countryside… there’s no place like it. There’s no denying that the Delaware life is one of simplicity, hard work, and good food, and a sense of community that brings us all together. What makes Delaware feel like home to you? Here are our top 10 reasons why Delaware will
always be home:
1. Because there's nothing like a sunrise over the Delaware Bay.
The sun rising over the bay is a familiar scene to anyone who wakes up early and heads to the coast.
2. And our hearts are at the Delaware beaches.
Bethany, Rehoboth, Dewey, Slaughter, Fenwick Island, Bowers... pick whichever you like best, and know that you'll always feel at home on that comfortable Delaware sand.
3. After all, we can't stray too far from Boardwalk Food.
Whether it's Dolles, Thrashers or Gus & Gus, we can't leave the iconic foods we were raised on.
4. Speaking of food, there aren't too many other states with fresh seafood, off the boat.
In Lewes and other Delaware towns, you can practically walk onto the boat and pick your seafood out for yourself. That's something that really makes a Delawarean smile.
5. Oh! Can't forget that nobody else can make dumplings correctly.
Facebook / Jimmy's Grille
Slippery dumplings are the ONLY way to have chicken and dumplings, so we can't stray too far from Delmarva. Otherwise, we'll have to eat those weird bisquick balls that the rest of the country claims are delicious.
6. Beyond that... we'll stay here because trying to explain scrapple anywhere else is just too much.
Scrapple is... everything left over... ugh, let's not talk about it. Please just fry it up.
7. Also, treasure hunting in a small state is so easy.
You can hit up most of the coolest hidden wonders in the State during a long weekend. Go to Spence's in Dover for unique shopping, and then head up north to find unbelievable collections of American art in the DuPont Estates and Museums!
8. And when it comes to making things easy, you can't beat the location.
Close enough to Philly for great cheesesteaks but far enough from Philly to not have to deal with the congestion... near beaches, near Baltimore and DC, and really just in a wonderful spot on the eastern seaboard. I wouldn't trade the convenience of living in Delaware for the world.
9. Now, you know we're not paying sales tax, right?
Shopping out of state is hard. Can't they just tell us the price? Why do we have to do math? Why do we have to pay solely for the privilege of buying something? If you don't want to deal with sales tax, you know you're always going to stay in Delaware.
10. In the end, Delaware will always be home because of the people that make our state amazing.
With so many small towns and close-knit communities, it's impossible to
not feel at home in Delaware, and that's why we love it so.
Of course, things aren’t
always perfect – can you relate to these 10 struggles of life in Delaware?