Take This Hidden Gems Road Trip When You Want To See Some Little-Known Places In Colorado
Garden of the Gods. Mesa Verde. The Great Sand Dunes. The Centennial State is home to more incredible attractions than we can count. But if you have been there, done that, and are wanting to see and do something new, there are plenty more hidden gems in Colorado. Check out these unique places to visit in Colorado on a hidden gems road trip:
A link to the interactive map can be found here.
Will you add this hidden gems in Colorado road trip to your CO bucket list? Want to keep driving? Since there are so many beautiful places in Colorado how about taking this road trip to Colorado’s most majestic castles? You’ll find it’s like taking a fairytale adventure.
More to see and do in Colorado
What is the prettiest place in Colorado?
The prettiest place in Colorado is impossible to pick, but have you seen the Garden of the Gods, or maybe Pike’s Peak as the sun goes down on a long day? Here are a few of our favorite little-known Colorado places to fall in love with nature. Find these and more in our list of Colorado’s most beautiful places.
1. Maroon Bells. Aspen, CO. These two peaks in the Elk Mountains will take your breath away. With rich forests surrounding a crystal clear lake and the sun streaming over the mountain tops, it’s a picture-perfect paradise.
2. Crested Butte. Crested Butte, CO. This entire town is magical in the spring when the wildflowers bloom. In fact, this small town of 1,500 residents is nicknamed the “Wildflower Capital of Colorado” for a very good reason.
3. San Isabel National Forest. Central Colorado. Over a million acres of pure magic. This National Forest comes alive with desert color against the backdrop of some of the best mountains in Colorado. With 19 mountains over 14,000 feet, there is plenty of climbing and hiking opportunity in the San Isabel National Forest.
4. Hanging Lake. Glenwood, CO. You’ll be stunned by the emerald green waters of this beautiful lake. The unique turquoise color comes from minerals that have dissolved in the water making it look like a magical pool of wonder. Simply dipping your toe in will give you superpowers. Okay, fine, probably not but we can always dream.
5. Eastern Plains. Eastern Colorado. Sunsets over the buttes are simply gorgeous. When the painted skies signal the end of the day after a challenging hike it’s like a gift from the heavens.