Colorado December 22, 2017
12 Things You Quickly Realize When You Go Home To Colorado For The Holidays
Are you a displaced Coloradan who will be coming back to the Centennial State for the holidays? If you are, let me be the first to welcome you back, as well as warn you that you may quickly realize these 12 things upon arriving home:
1. Only in Colorado are the sunrises worth waking up early for...
You don't even have to wake up *too* early to catch one of these colorful masterpieces, as the sun doesn't even emerge until around 6:30!
2. ...and the sunsets equally spectacular.
SLAY, sun. SLAY.
3. Snow storms are totally bearable in the Centennial State...
Seriously; how can you be upset with the weather when you feel like you'e living in a giant snow globe?!
4. ...and despite it being winter, it is almost always sunny!
That's what happens when your state averages 300 sunny days per year.
5. "Wow... the Broncos really do suck."
If you haven't been following our beloved boys in orange this season, you are in for a rude awakening upon arriving home...
6. Since Santa's Workshop is located right here in Colorado, EVERYONE is on the nice list.
(Unless, of course, you moved to Kansas City and became a Chiefs fan... Santa still has standards, you know.)
7. Both the beer...
8. ...and (legal) weed are better here in Colorado.
This should come as no surprise, seeing as though we have hundreds of local microbreweries AND dispensaries!
9. It is easy to get distracted around here.
...and not necessarily because of the legal cannabis, but because there is SO much to see and do!
10. You can easily get a Rocky Mountain High.
...and not necessarily from the weed (last pot reference, I promise), but from the unbeatable Rocky Mountains!
11. No matter your whereabouts, you will have an amazing view.
Whether you are visiting the Eastern Plains, Western Slope, or Front Range, you are guaranteed a feast for the senses.
12. Finally, you will quickly remember that Colorado is by far the greatest, most exciting, and most beautiful state there is.
No explanation needed!
For even more Centennial State fun, check out these
14 Things Coloradoans Do That Seem Insane To Everyone Else.