Colorado March 02, 2017
14 Things Coloradoans Do That Seem Insane To Everyone Else
Every state seems to have their own quirks that only their natives fully understand… wouldn’t you agree? While it may seem like Colorado doesn’t have anything like this, those looking in may beg to differ. To give you a better example, check out these 14 things Coloradoans do that seem insane to everyone else:
1. We make an entire weekend out of celebrating some frozen dead guy...
The 16th Annual Frozen Dead Guy Days takes place March 10th-12th, 2017, in Nederland.
2. ...a Manitou Springs woman whose coffin slid down a mountain...
The 22nd Annual Emma Crawford Coffin Race & Parade takes place October 28th, 2017, in Manitou Springs.
3. ...and some creepy headless chicken.
The 19th Annual Mike the Headless Chicken Festival takes place June 2nd and 3rd, 2017, in Fruita.
4. Coloradoans don't always drink to get drunk.
Yes; Colorado microbrews taste THAT good!
5. We voluntarily order (and eat) deep fried cow you-know-whats.
Don't knock Rocky Mountain Oysters until you've tried 'em!
6. Colorado natives don't just sit around getting high...
Well, most of don't, anyway.
7. ...because there are so many other things to do around here!
Being active outside FTW.
8.) We smother anything and everything in green chile...
I'm pretty sure this is a picture of Cheerios smothered in green chile...
9. ...and dip our pizza in honey.
Mmm... Beau Jo's thick and airy crust....
10. When Mike Nelson tells us a storm is coming and to take cover, we head to our cars to get a better look.
We're rebels like that!
11. Snow boots...
12. ...and winter coats? Who needs 'em?!
Colorado natives sure don't!
13. We prefer to listen to our music within a bunch of rocks.
Can we all just agree that Red Rocks is the greatest music venue on earth?
14. Finally, we WANTED to spend our birthday with a clown!
RIP Blinky... thanks for the memories.
For more Colorado humor, check out these
13 Things No Self-Respecting Coloradoan Would Ever Do.