Hike To This Sandy Cave In Arkansas For An Out-Of-This-World Experience
The Ozark National Forest is filled with delightful natural treasures, like today’s unique feature we are eager to share with you! This Arkansas sand cave hike leads to an otherworldly Richland Creek Wilderness sandstone cave. The rugged trail to this cave is well worth the effort, so let’s lace up our hiking boots and began the trek.
Have you tackled the challenging trail to reach this natural gem? We’d love to hear about your hiking experience in the comments below! You can also add your trail photos to our Facebook group, Arkansas Nature Lovers. You should join for your chance to be featured and to discover why there’s nothing better than Arkansas’ stunning nature.
For more information about the Richland Creek Wilderness, be sure to check out its page on the U.S. Forest Service website.
For another Natural State hidden gem, read on about this 13th-century-style French castle.
A lot of hikers also love to go camping. If you’d like to try it in an RV but don’t have one, visit RVShare. And whether you are new to RVing or are a seasoned pro, here are some great RV tips for your next adventure!
If you’re still in the mood for more Arkansas adventures, take a look at this video about the art of fly fishing:
More to Explore
More Adventures in Arkansas
Where else can we go hiking in Arkansas?
- The highest point in Arkansas is the North Rim Trail in Mount Magazine State Park which meanders through a hardwood forest, several creeks, and to a scenic overlook.
- Hiking as well as mountain biking through beautiful woodland area is part of the experience at the Little Blakely Trail in Lake Ouachita.
- The Yellow Rock Trail in Devil’s Den State Park is a moderately difficult trail ending at a 300-foot-high summit.
Read on to learn about some other great places to go hiking in Arkansas.
Where can we find scenic trails in Arkansas?
- The Lost Valley Trail in Ponca meanders past a cave, waterfall, and several natural bridges.
- The Nebo Rim Trail located in Dardanelle meanders past a beautiful waterfall along its three-plus mile length.
- In Winslow you’ll find the Moonshiners Cave Trail which also features a beautiful waterfall and an intriguing cave.
Read on to learn about some of the other beautiful scenic trails in Arkansas.
Where can we find campgrounds in Arkansas?
- The Sam's Throne Recreation Area in Mt. Judea features primitive campsites, hiking trails, and rock climbing.
- The Steel Creek Campground in Compton has campsites along the Buffalo National River and offers a wealth of activities.
- In Mountain View, the Blanchard Springs Recreation Area features an array of campsites, underground cavern, and hiking trails.
Read on to learn more about some other fun campgrounds in Arkansas.