Arkansas May 22, 2015
5 Great Drink Recipes for Arkansas-Named Cocktails You Gotta Try
We like to party here in the Natural State, and to prove it we even have drinks named after Arkansas! Share these cocktail recipes with your friends and spread the word around so that everyone across the nation can indulge themselves in these delightful beverages. Of course, always be sure to drink responsibly!
5. Arkansas Breeze: The non-alcoholic alternative to this drink is the Virgin Mary. The recipe for the Breeze requires 4 ounces of gin, 3 ounces of grapefruit juice, 2 ounces of cranberry juice, and less than a teaspoon of gomme syrup (found at natural food stores).
Fill a shaker with ice cubes. Add all of the ingredients, then shake and strain the mix into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish the drink with lemon peel.
4. Arkansas Razorback: This recipe takes pride in them Hogs & requires a half shot of rum, a half shot of vodka, a half shot of amaretto almond liqueur, and a half shot of Kahlua coffee liqueur.
Add all the ingredients together into a cocktail shaker with ice, shake to a froth, and strain off the ice into a glass of your choice. The ice is just to get the mix cold and the shaking is to create a froth. Don't worry if your drink doesn't stay frothy. Woo Pig Sooie!
3. Arkansas Rattler: This recipe will require 1 ounce of DeKuyper "Hot Damn" cinnamon schnapps and 1 ounce of Jose Cuervo gold tequila.
Add the tequila to a shot glass and then add the "Hot Damn" on top of it in the glass.
2. Arkansas Buttermilk: This quirky recipe requires 3 quarts of pineapple juice, 3 quarts of orange juice, 3 quarts of grapefruit juice, 1 pint of lemon juice, 1 pint of grenadine syrup, 1 fifth of vodka, and 1 fifth of Jack Daniel's Tennessee whiskey.
Pour the ingredients one at a time, preferably in a new, unused plastic gas can that has been rinsed prior to pouring. Mix the ingredients well and serve from the gas can.
1. Arkansas Avalanche: This recipe will require 3 ounces of Goldschlager cinnamon schnapps, 7 ounces of Sprite soda, and 2 ounces of grenadine syrup.
Pour the Goldschlager, Sprite and grenadine into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well, strain into a highball glass, and serve.
If you indulge in spirits, be sure to enjoy one of these mixed drinks over the holiday weekend. Plenty of revelers from the Natural State will definitely be getting their kicks all summer long, and we certainly know how to have a good time!