Arizona February 13, 2018
8 Unlikely Romantic Spots In Arizona To Visit With That Special Someone
Valentine’s Day is here and no matter what you think about the holiday, you’ll find plenty of people celebrating the holiday with dinners, chocolates and more. If you’re someone who prefers their romance to be a little more understated, then you’re going to enjoy checking out these places around Arizona that make for unconventional romantic spots to take your sweetie.
1. A journey to a mountaintop, like Mount Lemmon or South Mountain, for a view of sunset and the first stars of the evening.
There’s nothing quite like sharing a passing moment in time with your special someone, especially with the golden light and stars slowly appearing in the sky. It can all seem perfectly magical.
2. Head out for a leisurely drive for beautiful scenery and a chance to spend some alone time with your sweetie.
What better way to enjoy a one-on-one conversation than by heading out on a scenic drive? Check out
some of our favorite drives
and make the occasion just a little more special by packing a picnic basket.
3. Try a quiet hike through gorgeous landscapes to create unforgettable memories.
4. Hop aboard a ski lift for a bird’s eye view of the world below.
Floating in the sky alone with someone special can feel downright magical. The lifts at Mount Lemmon Ski Valley, Sunrise Park Resort, and the Arizona Snowbowl are great options.
5. Take a bike ride through town or on a scenic mountain trail.
After the ride, you can enjoy the views and a snack together before heading back to the start of the trail.
6. Spend an evening watching the stars and planets in the sky.
Sure, you could probably do this from your backyard but make it an extra special occasion by visiting
one of Arizona’s International Dark Sky
places. These places have skies so dark, you can see the Milky Way.
7. Head out on the water for a ride around a lake or on a river.
Canoe, kayak, peddle boat, or even paddle board through some of your favorite waterfront destinations. White water rafting can be fun too but might be just a little too intense.
Looking for something a little more traditionally romantic? Check out some restaurants that will help set the mood. Read more in
Here Are The 8 Most Romantic Restaurants In Arizona And You’re Going To Love Them.