Alabama October 06, 2017
11 Unwritten Rules Every Alabamian Lives By ‘Til Death
Here in Alabama, we’re a bunch of pretty unique folks. There are many things we do and don’t do that people from out of state might not agree with—and that’s okay. We’ve learned to live by many different types of unwritten rules, including the 11 listed below. Can you relate to any of them?
1. Always show kindness towards strangers.
After all, a little kindness goes a long way.
2. When it comes to weather, always expect the unexpected.
Because Alabama's weather is so unpredictable, you can't always trust the forecast.
3. Only sweet tea will do.
If you've ever had unsweetened tea, I'm sure you'll agree that tea is best when it's sweetened.
4. Always give drivers a friendly wave when passing them.
It'll make their day.
5. Sundays are always reserved for church.
Alabama is located along the Bible Belt, so it's not surprising that most of the state's residents attend church service on Sunday mornings.
6. Always measure distance in time.
Instead of telling someone a location is 10 miles away, we simply tell them it's only five minutes away.
7. While exploring Alabama's great outdoors, always be prepared.
Here in Alabama, a little sunscreen and bug repellent goes a long way.
8. While driving Alabama's backroads, always expect to see a deer or two.
More than likely, you already have.
9. Because of Alabama's unpredictable weather, always be prepared to use the heater and air conditioner in the same day.
You never really know what the temperature is going to be in Alabama. Early in the morning, it could be 50 degrees. Later in the afternoon, it could be 80 degrees. So unpredictable!
10. Accept the fact that Alabama is filled with towns that have the strangest names.
Burnt Corn, Frog Eye and Boar Tush - strange indeed!
11. Never take where you come from for granted.
Alabama will always be home sweet home!
What are some other unwritten rules you’d add to this list?
For a list of 11 ways living in Alabama ruins you for life, click