A Stroll Along Alabama's Tinsel Trail Will Put You In The Holiday Spirit
Luckily, several events are held throughout Alabama that let us celebrate the Christmas season with our families. One of these events is the Tinsel Trail in Alabama. It’s one of the things that makes Christmas in Alabama so special. Let’s explore the Alabama Tinsel Trail in 2023, including why it belongs on your holiday bucket list:
Take a closer look at this beautiful trail of lights:
Another Alabama event everyone should attend this Christmas season is the Fairhope Tree Lighting Celebration.
More to Explore
Christmas in Alabama
What are the most dazzling Christmas light displays in Alabama?
The most dazzling Christmas light displays in Alabama include:
- Rocket City Christmas Light Show. This drive-thru display in Madison has about one million lights synchronized with music that’s a must-see.
- Christmas at the Grotto. The artistic creations of Benedictine monk Brother Joseph Zoettl are illuminated by tons of twinkling lights.
- Wonderland Under Warrior. This is a mesmerizing light display in a subterranean cavern which makes for an otherworldly sight.
- Lights of Noel. Birmingham hosts the largest drive-thru light display in the state and it’s quite a sight to behold.
Discover more about the most dazzling Christmas light displays in Alabama.
What are the most festive Christmas towns in Alabama?
The most festive Christmas towns in Alabama include:
- Foley. This tiny town is filled with holiday festivities including a Trim-A-Tree event, Christmas in the Park, and the Graham Creek Christmas Trail.
- Andalusia. Alabamans come from all over to experience the holidays in this charming town to see lights, ride a Christmas train, and more.
- Opelika. Historic Victorian homes decked out in lights and Christmas decorations give this town an old-fashioned Christmas atmosphere.
- Demopolis. This town truly comes alive for the holidays with a 5k race, a BBQ Championship, and it’s annual Fair in the Square event.
Learn more about the most festive Christmas towns in Alabama.
What are the best things to do during the holidays in Alabama?
The best things to do during the holidays in Alabama include:
- Magic Christmas in Lights at Bellingrath Gardens. This botanical garden in Theodore is illuminated with glittering lights every year.
- Christmas at the Falls. Gadsden’s Noccalula Falls are surrounded by thousands of lights while children get to visit with Santa.
- Festival of Lights. Come to Choccolocco Park in Oxford to enjoy a drive-thru display like you’ve never seen before.
Find out more about the best things to do during the holidays in Alabama.