Seasonal November 28, 2020
8 Reasons Why There’s No Better Place To Spend Christmas Than Right Here In Alabama
Alabama is a great place to spend Christmas, and with such a variety of things to see and do, there’s no denying it. Opportunities for family traditions abound in our home state, and we’re proud to share some of those with you. Listed below are eight reasons why there’s no better place to spend Christmas than right here in Alabama.
Take a look:
During these uncertain times, please keep safety in mind and consider adding destinations to your bucket list to visit at a later date.
1. Alabama hosts some of the best Christmas light displays in America.
2. People throughout the state know exactly what it means to go all out when it comes to decorating their home this time of year.
Over the years, taking drives during the Christmas season to look at lights has become a wonderful tradition for many families.
3. Alabama's Christmas parades are some of the best around, even the ones that take place on the water.
Throughout the month of December, several Alabama towns host festive Christmas parades in downtown areas. There's also quite a few lighted boat parades, such as
LuLu's Lighted Boat Parade
(pictured) that's held in Gulf Shores.
4. The first state to recognize Christmas as an official holiday was Alabama, which many people are unaware of.
In 1836, Alabama declared Christmas a legal holiday, which meant federal workers could now enjoy the holiday at home with their families while still getting paid.
5. Alabama is home to some of the most festive tinsel trails in the South.
Another tradition for many families is to take a stroll down a tinsel trail, which features beautifully decorated Christmas trees. One of the best tinsel trails in Alabama this Christmas season is located at Big Spring Park in Huntsville. Click
6. Some of America's most magical Christmas towns are here in Alabama, including Andalusia.
Andalusia, the county seat of Covington County, is often referred to as "Alabama's Christmas Town." According to Southern Living, this town's annual "Christmas in Candyland" event is one of the best Christmas events in the South. Click
for more information about this town and festive event.
7. The historic Alabama Theatre hosts sing-a-longs and classic Christmas movies that'll most certainly get you in the holiday spirit.
For a look at this year's schedule, including ticket prices, click
8. One of America's most festive Christmas stores is located in Alabama.
When it comes to Alabama's Christmas stores, it doesn't get more festive than Robert Moore & Co. Christmas Town & Village Collectibles in Mobile. From ornaments and stockings, to trees and nutcrackers, this 35,000+ sq ft store sells a little bit of everything when it comes to Christmas. It's also open year-round. For more information about this Christmas store, click
Can you think of any other reasons why there’s no better place to spend Christmas than right here in Alabama? If so, please share them with us in the comments below.
For more information about Bellingrath Gardens and Home’s Magic in Lights, be sure to take a look at the following article:
Take A Stroll Through 3 Million Dazzling Lights At Alabama’s Bellingrath Gardens And Home’s Magic Christmas In Lights.