Alabama March 22, 2017
13 Things You Quickly Learn When You Move To Alabama
Alabama is such a wonderful place to call home! After moving to this great state, you’ll discover things you never really knew before. For example, here are 13 things you’ll quickly learn the moment Alabama becomes your new home:
1. The weather is very unpredictable.
One day you might be wearing flip flops, and the next day you might be wearing snow boots. You might also have to use your heater and air conditioner in the same day.
2. College football is taken way too seriously.
Never, ever, ever tell a college football fan they take their sport too seriously!
3. While driving down a rural road, you'll likely encounter a deer.
Some deer have even been known to dart across Alabama's major highways.
4. Alabama's summers are miserably hot and humid.
As soon as summer arrives, it's only a matter of time before we're counting down the days until fall.
5. Fried green tomatoes are more than just a movie.
They're also a delicious side dish that's sold in some of Alabama's best restaurants.
6. Alabama produces the most stunning sunrises and sunsets.
What a great way to begin and end each day!
7. Always leave a few minutes early because you never know when you'll be stuck behind one of these.
Better yet, you might want to leave several minutes early.
8. Alabama is home to some of the world's finest beaches.
Also, no matter where you live in Alabama, you're only a short drive from the Gulf Coast.
9. Here in Alabama, there's a festival that celebrates just about anything.
Pictured is an image from the Athens Grease Festival. This unique festival celebrates all things fried.
10. From mountains and canyons...
Pictured is an image of Mount Cheaha, Alabama's highest natural point.
11. ...to rivers and lakes, nothing compares to Alabama's natural scenic beauty.
Pictured is Sherling Lake, which is located in the charming town of Greenville.
12. You've got to embrace fried foods.
After all, fried foods are served everywhere in Alabama.
13. It's true that Alabama is home to the friendliest people you'll ever meet.
Whether it's with a smile, handshake or hug, Alabamians are naturally kind to others.
What are some other things people quickly learn when they move to Alabama? Let us know in the comments! For a list of reasons why people are packing up and moving to Alabama, click