Alabama August 01, 2016
21 Reasons Why Anyone Who Hates Alabama Can Just Shut Up
Without a doubt, Alabama is one of the most underrated states. This beautiful state has many great things to offer. However, many people still choose to speak poorly about it. The next time you come across someone bashing the great state of Alabama, be sure to remind them of these 21 facts:
1. Alabama is home to the most charming and picturesque small towns.
Pictured: Tuscumbia, AL
2. Alabamians are some of the friendliest people you'll ever meet.
3. The freshest produce can be found in Alabama year-round at some of the best farmers markets across the state.
4. When it comes to college football, Alabama is the BEST. The Alabama Crimson Tide has won more national championships than any other college football team, and they're currently the reigning national champions.
5. The first ever 911 call was made in Haleyville, Alabama on February 16, 1968.
6. Alabama is home to the "Alabama Deep Sea Fishing Rodeo" - the world's largest fishing tournament.
7. All four seasons are experienced in Alabama.
8. Alabama is rich in music diversity and history.
Pictured: Fame Recording Studios - Muscle Shoals, AL
9. The first rocket (Apollo 11) that put humans on the moon was designed and built in Huntsville, Alabama at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center.
10. In 1703, the first U.S. Mardi Gras was celebrated in Mobile, Alabama - 15 years before it was celebrated in Louisiana.
11. When compared to many other U.S. states, Alabama has a much lower cost of living.
12. Nothing compares to Alabama's natural scenic beauty, including its majestic mountains...
Pictured: Cheaha Mountain
13. beautiful canyons...
Pictured: Little River Canyon
14. gorgeous lakes...
Pictured: Lake Lurleen
15. and relaxing rivers.
Pictured: Tennessee River
16. There's always some type of festival going on in Alabama.
Pictured: Athens Grease Festival
17. Thanks to the invention of windshield wipers and the airbag, both invented by Alabamians, the roads are much safer.
18. Alabama's Gulf Coast beaches are among the finest in the world.
Pictured: Gulf Shores, AL
19. In 1836, Alabama was the first U.S. state to declare Christmas a legal holiday.
20. And finally, some of the most amazing sunrises and...
21. sunsets you'll ever see, happen right here in Alabama.
What are some other reasons to not hate Alabama?